BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll just post this here, if someone wants to make this into a thread go right ahead,

http://nypost.com/2013/10/22/woman-dies-after-head-on-crash-with-tractor-trailer/

Tragic story. In fact ironically similar to a recent accident in Los Angeles not to long ago.

My thoughts go out to Eubanks' family and coworkers.

This is just from a personal account

It's sad to see, that with an express bus network so sophisticated, that most people still prefer to use their cars

Some places are lucky to have an express bus running, and most of them run only weekdays, and of those that run middays, usually run every 2 hours and start service to the suburbs at 12:00 PM (Bee Line's BxM4C and Some CT Transit Hartford Division Express Routes are good examples of it). 

Yet we still have like the BxM3,4,6,10, QM1,4,5,6,10,12,15,20,24, BM1,2,3,4, and 5  with trips that have with mediocre amount of ridership (less than 10), and there's a bunch of them (trips after 8 PM are understandable) .

There needs to be a good to advertise the express buses that operate throughout the boroughs. 

Either that, or half of the routes I just mentioned will suffer from severe cutbacks (the latter few have been cut to the mere bones).

Would Park-n-Rides Work (like for those routes such as the QM6, which enter the suburbs), to attract Suburban Riders?

Technically, yes it is outside of the city, but some routes already operate outside the city limits (the BxM3 and QM6 are two), and it wont be made that the route has to be diverted by much (< 0.1 miles at most). 

Also, is it possible to make the express bus like a subway system , showcasing connecting routes at a bus stop?

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Yup^ just like how the B100 wouldn't be covered by FB even though it passes right past the depot. If the Q35 needs a run covered, it'd be from another FR line like the Q22 or Q52 (especially with artics). Got on a few of them during the afternoon. when it really isn't needed as there's more seats than people riding lol. Rush hours are when the artics are needed or when school is out for the kids. 

Tragic story. In fact ironically similar to a recent accident in Los Angeles not to long ago.

My thoughts go out to Eubanks' family and coworkers.

Agreed. I don't see many female b/os at FB, but it's possible I might've gotten on one of her bus runs. Either way condolences.

Edited by Grand Concourse

No, because the Q35 is a MTA Bus route and Flatbush is a NYCTA depot.

Yup^ just like how the B100 wouldn't be covered by FB even though it passes right past the depot. If the Q35 needs a run covered, it'd be from another FR line like the Q22 or Q52 (especially with artics). Got on a few of them during the afternoon. when it really isn't needed as there's more seats than people riding lol. Rush hours are when the artics are needed or when school is out for the kids. 

Thanks for setting a little debate I had with my aunt lol. I told her the Q35 couldn't do runs out of FB because it was originally a Green Lines Bus route when it was around anyway. Speaking of Green Lines, I miss private bus companies in Queens. Queens always had major bus diversity which is why I loved going to Queens a lot when I was younger. And I literally remember Queens having more private routes than NYCT bus routes. Those were the days. And yeah RIP to the poor elderly B/O that got hit by a tractor trailer. It really warms my heart seeing a female that works for transit. Makes me feel more comfortable about being into transit myself. And it's one of the reasons I look up to my aunt. But My condolences :(

I miss the pbls as well, but i don't miss triboro and green lines. Those two were the worst with buses. It's a wonder the buses survived after the takeover. But i hear ya about the diversity of the decal and the buses they ran. Nybs, liberty lines, command and qsc were my favs. Jbl, i never ventured much on, but i thought their rtss were pretty good (when they were spread out to ex-gl and ex-lga.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I miss the pbls as well, but i don't miss triboro and green lines. Those two were the worst with buses. It's a wonder the buses survived after the takeover. But i hear ya about the diversity of the decal and the buses they ran. Nybs, liberty lines, command and qsc were my favs. Jbl, i never ventured much on, but i thought their rtss were pretty good (when they were spread out to ex-gl and ex-lga)

I only took a Green Lines route one time & I don't even remember it because I was 2 (it was the Q10 with my mom to JKF in like 97 on a trip to california.) So I'm disappointed I never really got to ride it and remember it for myself. but I remember the two times I took a Jamaica Buses route. The windows were so dark. And I use to take triboro (The Q102) with my mom when fam. lived in Astoria when I was younger. Their O5 CNG's always smelled fruity to me lol. All I have to do is take a NICE O5 CNG and I'm good and that bitch is gonna count as my first LIB ride too I don't care lol

Edited by E For Erica

I only took a Green Lines route one time & I don't even remember it because I was 2 (it was the Q10 with my mom to JKF in like 97 on a trip to california.) So I'm disappointed I never really got to ride it and remember it for myself. but I remember the two time I took a Jamaica Buses route. The windows were so dark. And I use to take triboro (The Q102) with my mom when fam. lived in Astoria when I was younger. Their O5 CNG's always smelled fruity to me lol. All I have to do is take a NICE O5 CNG and I'm good and that bitch is gonna count as my first LIB ride too I don't care lol

the q102 was under queens surface  which is now based out of LGA (formerly triboro)

Edited by BreeddekalbL

If anyone is looking for 0060, it's no longer at Quill. My money is on Mannyville. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

it's at zerega. It got here on Tuesday. It only use to come back every couple of days to charge, but I think that it's getting ready to go back to BYD. the farebox was removed...

If anyone is looking for 0060, it's no longer at Quill. My money is on Mannyville. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

it's at zerega. It got here on Tuesday. It only use to come back every couple of days to charge, but I think that it's getting ready to go back to BYD. the farebox was removed...

Damn, it's been 60 days already? That felt much shorter lol

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4