BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a post on a bus stating some proposed bus enhancements. Some include a Bx24 extension to Hutchinson Metro Center, x17 Sunday service permanent, permanent extension of the B8 to Bay Ridge, and putting back the B37 back in service.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Hutch Metro already has their own (free) shuttle buses... some nice Gilligs and TMC RTSes.

Is there many people complaining why did the MTA give me a email saying the BMs don't run on sundays. I think everybody knew that already

It's so the site doesn't show "Good Service" for those routes on Sundays. The two systems are connected.

Anyway, with QV providing MCI's for the LIRR bustitution, who/what was the "Local Van"? Couldn't have been a 40 foot bus since it's scheduled to serve Country Life Press and the other buses aren't, and the station is surrounded by narrow streets.

Edited by Amtrak7

Looks like the B44 is getting +SBS+ after all. Saw the building process of one of the +SBS+ stations on Bedford & Lafayette. And it's NOT based out of FP to the metro wikia foamer! Speaking of which, I'm in brooklyn a lot still. Maybe I should move back lol

Edited by E For Erica

Looks like the B44 is getting +SBS+ after all. Saw the building process of one of the +SBS+ stations on Bedford & Lafayette. And it's NOT based out of FP to the metro wikia foamer! Speaking of which, I'm in brooklyn a lot still. Maybe I should move back lol

It sure is... There are bus stations along Nostrand Avenue, including the two I saw which are Church Ave and Newkirk Ave.

Anyway, with QV providing MCI's for the LIRR bustitution, who/what was the "Local Van"? Couldn't have been a 40 foot bus since it's scheduled to serve Country Life Press and the other buses aren't, and the station is surrounded by narrow streets.

Not too sure to be honest. Could be the random school bus seen here:

http://instagram.com/p/f9ZRs4vJRP/

On the Q25 a few days ago I heard this bus driver and his friend talking and they were discussing something. I overheard them talking about the New Flyers and the bus operator was saying that CP may have to lose 185-229 to WF in return for some Orion VII CNG's. Then he said that CP's fleet was very new but he was not sure if the swap will happen.

Is this true and do buses get swapped out if the depot has a very young bus fleet especially a depot that is big like CP?

And I thought that a lot of people transferred from the B2/B31 to the B44/LTD. Guess not, since SBS is eliminating that transfer.

Why would they? If they want to go to Williamsburg from kings plaza they take the 46 or 41 to 44 and the 31's users primarily take it to get to the train

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

On the Q25 a few days ago I heard this bus driver and his friend talking and they were discussing something. I overheard them talking about the New Flyers and the bus operator was saying that CP may have to lose 185-229 to WF in return for some Orion VII CNG's. Then he said that CP's fleet was very new but he was not sure if the swap will happen.

Is this true and do buses get swapped out if the depot has a very young bus fleet especially a depot that is big like CP?

I never heard that before,but I did hear about May of this year two JG BO's said the 37 was coming back but I couldnt believe it and didn't post it here...

I never heard that before,but I did hear about May of this year two JG BO's said the 37 was coming back but I couldnt believe it and didn't post it here...

The B37 MIGHT make a return next year if everything goes well. This was being discussed for months.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

I don't think that's true. I haven't heard anything about that just yet.

It's so the site doesn't show "Good Service" for those routes on Sundays. The two systems are connected.

QV, CP, and SC were the bustitution. The local van was a Thomas School Bus (#1572 to be exact, had a nice surprise to see what the local bus was). It was the small cheese buses, not even the long regular sized ones. Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

QV, CP, and SC were the bustitution. The local van was a Thomas School Bus (#1572 to be exact, had a nice surprise to see what the local bus was). It was the small cheese buses, not even the long regular sized ones.

Once again, ROFLMDFAO!