BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Pet peeve: sitting on a bus with tons of seats and the window cracked open. Somebody comes and sits in the seat next to me and tells me the close window. Just wanna say, bitch, there ARE other seats.

lol, that's why I try to get the single seats. smh at ppl like that.

mta bus:
The one day that I don't bring my camera, all the good stuff happens. I saw 2 NGs on the Q43, as well as 2 Bees on the Q113. 

Lol, yeah I never leave without a cam. Always be prepared.

Edited by Grand Concourse

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pet peeve: sitting on a bus with tons of seats and the window cracked open. Somebody comes and sits in the seat next to me and tells me the close window. Just wanna say, bitch, there ARE other seats.

F**k them. I just leave it.

Usually though I just go to the back and prop up the vent. Get to hear the bus better too, lol. Yeah, so much better.

#foamerelite.

So 6311 burst into flames earlier on the S59...1385390_10153490205640347_588834286_n.jp

...not my picture

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Poor 5...oh well, another one bites the dust....

So how many buses have we lost to fire damage this year? I know two RTS' went up in smoke earlier this year.

And yeah this was an engine fire the funny thing is I saw this bus yesterday in the S57. Now it's gone. Damn.

A "Here, Close it yourself" suffices each & every single time for me....

I've told a couple people that whenever I'm asked to close a window...

Sometimes them damn things be stuck... Not injuring my hand & using any extra effort for that anymore.....

I hate when people cut their nails on the bus...

So disgusting...

True, but I see more of that shit on the train personally (I'm talkin toenails)... And for some odd reason, on the broadway lines....

For instance, Glad I don't take the (Q) in the morning anymore; too many women using it to preen themselves - I guess a couple bucks in an hour worth's pay really is that important for some.... Then again, who knows how many latenesses these chicks done accumulated, to the point where if they get one more, they ass is gone..... Lol !

(personal peeve... I find very little appalling from a woman than one that puts on makeup in public... Don't ask.)

6311 is definitely retired. No purpose for it to be fixed. Was it really the maintance that cause it to burst into flames?

I would have to say most likely. If the mechanics don't put some things back correctly there is definitely room for mishap which could cause something like this to happen.

Edited by LRG

I wouldn't be so quick to blame them for it. Too early to tell what caused it or who's fault it is. Could've just been another freak accident. Remember, we even had buses that burst into flames before they even hit service like the Phoenix (0010/4396), and the first 9656.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Poor 5...oh well, another one bites the dust....

So how many buses have we lost to fire damage this year? I know two RTS' went up in smoke earlier this year.

And yeah this was an engine fire the funny thing is I saw this bus yesterday in the S57. Now it's gone. Damn.

Between this year and last year, it's been quite a handful.

I just had the best bus experience in my life...

I was siting all the way in the back...for the whole ride...and guess what i was riding...

4888 on the B1 with NO HVAC..and the B/O had some fastt takeoffs!! Amazing!!

Then i had my worst bus experience...i get on the bus...and it stinks...then pple telling me dont go to the back...so only up to the doors pple are sitting...so i go to the rear door and see vomit all in the last row..smelled horrible...it was 4867...now...since this B/O was sooo pissed at the smell...he was moving..so of course i had to get my video...but i didnt sit in the way back..

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

What if express buses were not closed door, meaning they charge only 2.5 if traveling within the same borough

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

I've always wanted to ride the express bus but the price is a little too expensive for me at the moment and I have nothing to do in Manhattan besides going back home. I guess it's not that bad since I've been on regular coach bus MCI's.

What if express buses were not closed door, meaning they charge only 2.5 if traveling within the same borough

They wouldn't be express buses and there would be no point in having them.  As I've said numerous times, the whole purpose of express buses is to serve those commuting from the outerboroughs to Manhattan, as they are commuter buses.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Nah, if they were to make them open door at least charge the $6.00 one way fare. It's only fair.

If you're lucky, that happens in Staten Island from time to time. There was an MCI and a Prevost on the S89 Limited on Monday during the a.m. rush. I caught an MCI on the S78 two weeks ago doing a school tripper to Tottenville High School and over the summer I caught a Prevost on the S62 and an MCI on the S89.

If you're lucky, that happens in Staten Island from time to time. There was an MCI and a Prevost on the S89 Limited on Monday during the a.m. rush. I caught an MCI on the S78 two weeks ago doing a school tripper to Tottenville High School and over the summer I caught a Prevost on the S62 and an MCI on the S89.

that's not what I mean. I thought about this not to get a ride in a prevost/mci just to have the routes themselves to be open door