BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow do you got the pic of the bus

Not my photo (someone else caught it and posted it on facebook), but here it is in Brownsville this afternoon. Safe to assume it shadowed the B35 since the photo was taken on New Lots Av & Mother Gaston Blvd...

11215167_10153095985271901_7284956403713

...my building right there to the left of the bus, I was downtown around the time this was taken

Not my photo (someone else caught it and posted it on facebook), but here it is in Brownsville this afternoon. Safe to assume it shadowed the B35 since the photo was taken on New Lots Av & Mother Gaston Blvd...

...my building right there to the left of the bus, I was downtown around the time this was taken

I see that they're getting to the secondary roads with the installation of the LED street lights.

Yes that it

It's being said that the XN40 pictured is actually an XD40 being tested with added weight. There's sandbags on the bus along with other things. That same bus is in Baltimore right now.

Why it has a CNG tank, I don't know. Probably for more pressure.

can you source it?

So while I checked MTA tracker out of randomness just now, I saw that 7368 on the Q44 SBS. Is this bus regularly being used in SBS service?

could be the shorty that they are going to use cause I have never seen the Q44 100% artic untill they started stealing buses from other depos

can you source it?

Sources in Baltimore confirmed it is in fact an XD40. The same bus that was running around here is down in Baltimore.

12313978_10207021967621972_8390042908731

Thought it was a little farfetched myself, but after I looked over the photo I caught of it the other day, there's no CNG sticker anywhere on the bus. All CNG vehicles must have that blue CNG diamond on the vehicle.

The XD40s do have the program for the Q44. Saw one this morning with the blue sign. Wonder how it would look like on an Orion 7.

On an Orion 7, or any other non-Multicolored sign (not such about the Axions but I think they'll still have the blue background) the sign will just read Q44 +Select Bus Service+ as apposed to Q44 +Select Bus on the Luminator Spectrums. I know this to be a fact, as I coded those programs several times on the XD40s and Orion 7s.

So what's good with this Prevost order? Will the buses just be scattered among the depots?

What do you mean? The Prevosts are all being allocated to the Staten Island Depots (Yukon, Castleton, Meredith & Charleston).  Yukon will get the most of them, and the remainder will be split between the other three depots, but with 300 of them coming total, each depot will get a sizable portion to replace the older MCIs, so there shouldn't be tons of old MCI's left on Staten Island once this order is totally complete.