BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a rather offensive accusa(tion)

How dare you.

My EasyPay card is my pride and joy. I may be bombastic, but I am not shallow. Frugal, but no cheapskate. The service sucks, but I do practice what I preach. I pass by dozens of transit police every day. That kind of hypocrisy combined with my posting habit would have already sold me out.

I don't cut corners with my MetroCard. 

Listen.... The fact that you're worried about being sold out, tells me all that I need to know about you.... But keep on with the fabrications about passing up buses with broken fareboxes lately, as a way of exalting yourself above farebeaters, Mr. Easy pay metrocard....

...as if anyone that's ever resorted to farebeating never had a metrocard on their person.... There is this running fallacy that farebeaters all don't have a means of paying, which is the furthest thing from the truth.... The truth is that they don't want to pay with whatever amount of money they have (some more than others).... "Frugal" people with little money tend to do whatever it takes to save what little money they have in their possession....

I gotta tell you, the way you're going out of your way to prove that you don't farebeat.... It aint looking too good for you right now.

I don't have to do all this conveying of fake pride of having a freakin metrocard, putting it out there that I pass by dozens of transit cops, and again, worried about being sold out on a transit forum.....

That doesn't answer my question: How do you get the money to pay for your MetroCard? Are you working or otherwise doing something productive to society, or are you sitting there sucking up dollars from welfare programs?

Heck, even if you're doing secret shopping or selling water bottles on the street (for those who know who I'm referring to) or some other similar hustle, at least you're using your time to provide some sort of service/product that people benefit from, instead of living off other people's productivity.

If you're not going to answer a question, you're better off not responding, than responding with BS... You've probably heard of the old saying - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt..... The going off on some spiel about how important his metrocard is, when asked how he obtains monies in order to pay for his metrocard, speaks enough volumes.

I'm not going to elaborate on this any further. I'm on this forum to contribute my experiences and to tell my story with regards to public transit.

Your remarks do not deserve validation. If you do not believe my story, then stop wasting your IME on me if you truly feel I'm a charlatan.

But my contributions are real and my passions are legit:

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/113740561882628613338/

I will bypass your remarks from here on out as they ARE offensive and a detriment/distraction.

At the very least,follow me on the social networks in my signature and stop jumping to conclusions.

Your vitriol throughout my time on this site is overbearing.

I'm not going to elaborate on this any further. I'm on this forum to contribute my experiences and to tell my story with regards to public transit.

Your remarks do not deserve validation. If you do not believe my story, then stop wasting your IME on me if you truly feel I'm a charlatan.

I will bypass your remarks from here on out as they ARE offensive and a detriment/distraction.

At the very least,follow me on the social networks in my signature and stop jumping to conclusions.

Your vitriol throughout my time on this site is overbearing.

Of course you're not going to elaborate on this further....

Evasive when asked simple questions & make some of the most inane replies on this forum (talk about distractions), like you're off in la la land or some shit.... Something is very off with you, to say the least.... Case in point, nobody said anything about your "contributions" & your "passions", yet for some reason, you're validating yourself with that - AFTER telling me my remarks don't deserve validation....

Then resort to giving yourself a shameless plug, as if I'd want to follow a loon like you - considering my prior replies to you :huh: ....

Claim to be doing all of this riding & wanna talk about freeloaders missing a point as to where the hell money comes from, yet you can't answer where YOU get money to pay for your "pride & joy" <_<

I don't know what community you think you're a part of, but embellishers & boasters get roasted quick 'round these parts (I'm not just talking about THIS forum either)... You're lucky you weren't a member around here 2-3 years ago (regardless if you claim to care or not).... I'm simply replying on the forum - MF-ers would've fricasseed you something special on your lil' facebook account.....

Bypass whatever you want; double or triple it for all I care....But tell ya boy QJT what's up in the process :lol:

You shot yourself in the foot in the beginning with your embellishments and boasting (to put it lightly)

No one here is doubting your passion, which was made clear in the beginning when you embellished your riding habits in a weird attempt to gain acceptance here.

How is it offensive to ask you to answer a damn question?

I don't know what community you think you're a part of, but embellishers & boasters get roasted quick 'round these parts (I'm not just talking about THIS forum either)... You're lucky you weren't a member around here 2-3 years ago (regardless if you claim to care or not).... I'm simply replying on the forum - MF-ers would've fricasseed you something special on your lil' facebook account.....

This is 100% true...

But tell ya boy QJT what's up in the process :lol:

Hahaha! Haven't thought about him in a minute!

It's appalling but not shocking that they are still pulling this nonsense.  President's Day is optional in my office, but I used to work it when I lived on Staten Island since I always had work to do. I would usually opt for the X10, but the buses were insanely crowded then so I could only imagine now. Running a Saturday schedule on Staten Island is simply irresponsible given how many Staten Islanders work that day.  Many white collar businesses don't automatically give the day off since many work in international offices where business is still happening.

The (MTA) would be better served running a modified schedule similar to what they give for the day after Thanksgiving, with an official schedule posted online.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I had to use the express bus yesterday. I was texting the X17 stop code to BusTime, and it came back saying "No buses scheduled at this time". I'm thinking "Is BusTime malfunctioning or something?". Then I remember it's a Saturday schedule, and the last X17 gets downtown around 9:20-9:30 or so. (And of course, like a typical Saturday, the next X10s were 31 minutes and 38 minutes away. I caught the first one, but I had a hunch the second one was going to pass us while on Staten Island, which it did).

I'm glad I wasn't returning during rush hour. I probably would've been bypassed by the X10/17 buses that were running on 30 minute headways. (Which is a general problem with the Saturday schedule: Not enough rush hour service, and X17 service ends way too early).

Hopefully when they look into running a separate Friday schedule, they can add President's Day to the list of holidays where it takes effect Either that, or run some of the heavier rush hour lines like the X5, X12, and X22 on top of (improved) Saturday service on the X1/10/17.

I had to use the express bus yesterday. I was texting the X17 stop code to BusTime, and it came back saying "No buses scheduled at this time". I'm thinking "Is BusTime malfunctioning or something?". Then I remember it's a Saturday schedule, and the last X17 gets downtown around 9:20-9:30 or so. (And of course, like a typical Saturday, the next X10s were 31 minutes and 38 minutes away. I caught the first one, but I had a hunch the second one was going to pass us while on Staten Island, which it did).

I'm glad I wasn't returning during rush hour. I probably would've been bypassed by the X10/17 buses that were running on 30 minute headways. (Which is a general problem with the Saturday schedule: Not enough rush hour service, and X17 service ends way too early).

Hopefully when they look into running a separate Friday schedule, they can add President's Day to the list of holidays where it takes effect Either that, or run some of the heavier rush hour lines like the X5, X12, and X22 on top of (improved) Saturday service on the X1/10/17.

I'm sure they've known about this problem for years because it has been a problem for a long time on Staten Island.  It's an issue of them trying to be cheap and run minimum service (another example of them "cutting costs" or "tightening the belt" as they call it).  They would have to add quite a bit of express bus service having all of the branches run and they simply don't want to do that.  I took off yesterday for the simple fact that I didn't want to be bothered with a Saturday schedule (be it with the express bus or Metro-North).  It sucks having such limited service after a certain hour.

This may be one of those things where more people will have to make a stink and perhaps even get politicians involved before they do something.  I also think it's absurd that limited stop service doesn't run on Staten Island on such days.

I also don't favor separate Friday schedules.  Ridership fluctuates too much for that, and if the (MTA) is allowed to create such schedules, I guarantee that they will cut too much service.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

It was just a demonstrator, that New Flyer sent to us on its way up to Boston. Several people spotted it in Lower Manhattan, Downtown Brooklyn, Long Island City and Jamaica, last week.

pics pics pics! I'm gonna rib my cousin from Boston about how we stole one of their buses  :lol:

Was it actually in T colors? 

Yeah there aren't enough rush hour train yesterday also. I was on the (7) Sat Schedule, with no Express, it was packed. I am pretty sure many people along the (7) don't have Presidents Day off.

If the bus is more than twenty minutes between stops it does that

If you do a query for a BM4 on a Sunday, or for a Q50 right after you saw it leave.

???? Eric Shields | #MassTransitHonchkrow ????

THE Hudson Valley's essential Fare-blazer ????