BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stumbled upon something interesting on the LFSA's: When you put the gear(?) in reverse, the interior lights all shut off.  Is that automatically done or is the B/O required to shut off the lights manually before backing up?

I believe the lights on all low floors shut off when you put the bus in reverse.

Stumbled upon something interesting on the LFSA's: When you put the gear(?) in reverse, the interior lights all shut off. Is that automatically done or is the B/O required to shut off the lights manually before backing up?

I believe the lights on all low floors shut off when you put the bus in reverse.

It goes back all the way to the 1999 RTS. They all do it, the best ones are the 3Gs in Staten Island where the lights slowly dim off lol

My usual options to travel home from work (used most to least) are:

1. Airtrain to Jamaica, then the (J); Roughly 40~55 minutes

2. Airtrain to Howard Beach, then (A); About 50~60 minutes

3. Airtrain to T5, then Q10, then (J); Ranges from 65~75 minutes (Which I can't do since 121 St is closed for renovations until the summer)

4. Airtrain to Lefferts, then the B15, (but having to walk 15~20 minutes home kills it).

5. Airtrain to T5, then Q10, then Q56; If timed correctly, takes almost the same time as option 2.

Option 4 has been used more as of recent. Anyone knows that it really pains to miss an (A) especially if one has to wait on one of the branches. I was going to add something else to this thought, but it's on the tip of my tongue at the moment....

Edited by S78 via Hylan

My usual options to travel home from work (used most to least) are:

1. Airtrain to Jamaica, then the (J); Roughly 40~55 minutes

2. Airtrain to Howard Beach, then (A); About 50~60 minutes

3. Airtrain to T5, then Q10, then (J); Ranges from 65~75 minutes (Which I can't do since 121 St is closed for renovations until the summer)

4. Airtrain to Lefferts, then the B15, (but having to walk 15~20 minutes home kills it).

5. Airtrain to T5, then Q10, then Q56; If timed correctly, takes almost the same time as option 2.

Option 4 has been used more as of recent. Anyone knows that it really pains to miss an (A) especially if one has to wait on one of the branches. I was going to add something else to this thought, but it's on the tip of my tongue at the moment....

Since when did the Airtrain stop at Lefferts?

They're programmed for all the routes. The SBS buses that are on the local lines aren't allowed on the 79 anymore.

Which units are those? Are they unwrapped?

Question in thought: Was East New York supposed to get the NovaBus LFS back then?

It was at first going to be Ulmer to get the new LFS, but for some reason changed to ENY.