BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't find it on Bustime. Anybody know it's location now?

I don't see any on the SBS either, but there's one on the local 12 going down Fordham heading towards Pelham Bay as I type.

Unless it's really an SBS short-turn... But it's definitely out and about.

Edited by paulrivera

Can't find it on Bustime. Anybody know it's location now?

4973 is on the 12 local reaching Fordham. There were a few on the 12 SBS earlier this morning, but they're most likely out of service now.

I don't see any on the SBS either, but there's one on the local 12 going down Fordham heading towards Pelham Bay as I type.

Unless it's really an SBS short-turn... But it's definitely out and about.

There were about 5 or so RTS' on the Bx12 / SBS this morning, now only 4973 is out on the local.

I wonder how the M15 SBS is able to use articulated buses out in the snow while the other routes don't

The M15 route is flat. Then again so is the M34's route and 2 artics jackknifed along that route this morning, so who knows what kind of logic they use....

Oh, and there's an RTS on the SBS 12 again.

The M15 is more or less just a straight line until it reaches the lower quarter of the route(South of Houston). The line only has 1 or 2 small inclines in both directions compared to the M101/102/103(Lex/103rd being one major incline and is prone to get artic buses stuck).

Edited by Cait Sith

On a totally unrelated note...

Do any of the routes' schedules, besides the SBS routes, limited routes, and the M35, actually show the stops along the line? AFAIK the M35 is the only local bus route that shows every single stop on its schedule.

Edited by agar io

On a totally unrelated note...

Do any of the routes' schedules, besides the SBS routes, limited routes, and the M35, actually show the stops along the line? AFAIK the M35 is the only local bus route that shows every single stop on its schedule.

Apps that use the MTA's metadata, like Transit or Google Maps show every stop along bus routes. 

Apps that use the MTA's metadata, like Transit or Google Maps show every stop along bus routes. 

I think he's referring to the map on the last page of the schedule (not the timepoints). The M35 schedule (meaning, pages 3-6 of this PDF) only shows 125th/Lex, Randall's Island, and then the time it finishes its run back to 125th/Lex.

Yeah, I can't think of any others off the top of my head.