BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

I guess I’ll settle for that. I’ve rode the B47 once already. It was an okay line. I wanted it on the 13, 24, 48, 57 or the Q59. 

Edit: It seems to have disappeared or the operator shut it off at layover.

Proterras have appeared on the 24, 38, 47, 48, and Q59. Thru observations I’ve seen them on the B38, 47 and 48 all during daytime hours. 

Theres a picture on here showing one appeared in the 24. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Proterras have appeared on the 24, 38, 47, 48, and Q59. Thru observations I’ve seen them on the B38, 47 and 48 all during daytime hours. 

Theres a picture on here showing one appeared in the 24. 

I just got screwed guys. I was patiently waiting at Bed-Stuy and then it went NIS... sigh* FMLLLLL

Edit: what’s the next course of action? Lol knock on Grand Ave’s front door and say wth

Edited by danielhg121

33 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

I just got screwed guys. I was patiently waiting at Bed-Stuy and then it went NIS... sigh* FMLLLLL

Edit: what’s the next course of action? Lol knock on Grand Ave’s front door and say wth

You're best bet is by luck. Grand tosses the buses on the routes at all random times. 

2 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

The Benny Hill theme song plays in my head whenever I look for these buses

19 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

Hey quick question. Does the Q60 have a high enough ridership to warrant for articulated buses and if so, what depot would hold them?

Q60 is housed at JFK. However, I don’t think the line would be warranted for Artics. Maybe a Queens (MTA) bus op can shed some light to this. 

Queens Boulevard is wide enough to operate them. However, if the Q6 can get them during limited rush hours than the Q60 could possibly get them. 

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Q60 is housed at JFK. However, I don’t think the line would be warranted for Artics. Maybe a Queens (MTA) bus op can shed some light to this. 

Queens Boulevard is wide enough to operate them. However, if the Q6 can get them during limited rush hours than the Q60 could possibly get them. 

Thank you. I was wondering because at certain hours of the day, the bus would be full up to the point where no more passengers can fit and because of the QBL ( (E)(F)(R) ) on the weekends and late nights

33 minutes ago, LGA Link N train said:

Hey quick question. Does the Q60 have a high enough ridership to warrant for articulated buses and if so, what depot would hold them?

10 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

IIRC it has something to do with traffic conditions at Queens Plaza and on the Queensboro Bridge. They don't want an artic to add more problems in those areas.

1 hour ago, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

IIRC it has something to do with traffic conditions at Queens Plaza and on the Queensboro Bridge. They don't want an artic to add more problems in those areas.

That makes complete sense. Kinda figured there was a restriction for the Q60 to operate. Unless they have the Queens Plaza short turn than possibly they can operate. Other than what you stated than its no dice. 

anyone know why the Q70 is free this week?

Source: http://www.mta.info/status/bus/Q1-Q113/25503740

Beginning 12:01 AM Thursday, June 21 until 11:59 PM Friday, June 29

Ride free on the LaGuardia Link Q70 SBS. Customers do not have to 
obtain a Select Bus Service ticket and may board at any door.

Note: Customers transferring to the subway will still have to pay the subway fare.

51 minutes ago, IAlam said:

anyone know why the Q70 is free this week?

Source: http://www.mta.info/status/bus/Q1-Q113/25503740

Vacation/July 4 Weekend traveling. Whenever a surge of extra ridership is expected, it makes no sense to have people go through the process of getting a receipt.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 minute ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Vacation/July 4 Weekend traveling. Whenever a surge of extra ridership is expected, it makes no sense to have people go through the process of getting a receipt.

at this point, it should really just be a free bus service.

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

0018 in service on the B48 about to head to Greenpoint. Get ya cameras out. 

I was actually in position to ride this bus... was waiting along the B48 route and the bus stayed in one spot a few blocks from the terminal the whole time I was waiting, I think that bus broke down or something. 

It was showing up on Bus Time but it wasn't moving.

5 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I was actually in position to ride this bus... was waiting along the B48 route and the bus stayed in one spot a few blocks from the terminal the whole time I was waiting, I think that bus broke down or something. 

It was showing up on Bus Time but it wasn't moving.

I drove right by it on Washington going towards Empire. Couldn't take picture.. However, bus looked idle.

10 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Got any tips for catching that Proterra on a route other than the B32? Thx

Run a search of all the buses in TransSee or some other program and see where any are located, and then to meet one of them if there are any present. Last week I tried to get one on the B60 using this method, but I ultimately got one on the B47.

11 hours ago, OIG119 said:

Run a search of all the buses in TransSee or some other program and see where any are located, and then to meet one of them if there are any present. Last week I tried to get one on the B60 using this method, but I ultimately got one on the B47.

I just tried it appears the B32 is all Pro Terra's today         

5: Vehicle 16 on route B60-Williamsburg - Canarsie going ↑Williamsburg Bridge Plaza near Gates Av on Wilson Av

6: Vehicle 17 on route B32-Williamsburg - Long Island City going ↑Long Island City 44dr - 21 St near N 6 St on Kent Av

7: Vehicle 18 on route B32-Williamsburg - Long Island City going ↓Williamsburg Bridge Plaza near Freeman St on McGuinness Bl

8: Vehicle 19 on route B32-Williamsburg - Long Island City going ↑Long Island City 44dr - 21 St near 48 Av on 11 St

Oddly enough though this popped up 

9: Vehicle 100 on route Bx19-NY Botanical Garden - Riverbank Park going →Bronx Pk via 149 St via Southrn near Jackson Av on E 149 St

what bus is number 100?             

Edited by IAlam

2 minutes ago, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

So i got to find out personally what happens when a bus breaks down in the LIE HOV lane: call MTA cops and board other buses in active lanes of traffic. 

I feel bad for the people stuck behind us

Honestly that the one thing I worry about when I take express buses during rush. How long was your delay?

3 minutes ago, IAlam said:

Honestly that the one thing I worry about when I take express buses during rush. How long was your delay?

The bus and those stuck behind may still be there, but i got on a QM7 that stopped for us. Probably 45 minutes. Others may still be there. It was a QM11 that broke down, a 3xxx series

40 minutes ago, IAlam said:

9: Vehicle 100 on route Bx19-NY Botanical Garden - Riverbank Park going →Bronx Pk via 149 St via Southrn near Jackson Av on E 149 St

what bus is number 100?             

A renumbered D60

51 minutes ago, IAlam said:

Oddly enough though this popped up 

what bus is number 100?             

10 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

A renumbered D60

It's D60HF #5512, it was renumbered due to the incoming 2018 LFSA order