BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

I wonder if people are going to be confused Monday.

I'm sure some random person will, but at the end, remember that the signs on the buses still say X1, X4, X5, X21, etc, so unless a person is first learning the network on Monday (which is possible, especially since the summertime is a popular time for moving), the everyday commuters will be able to figure out that it takes effect later in the summer (and for them, it'll be a wake-up call because if they haven't heard the news, they;ll see the new signs and hopefully it will encourage them to look up information about the new routes). 

There will be an assignment change for 0023 after this week. It will be at Staten Island on Monday, testing, training and operating out of Charleston Depot on the x17A/J(don't know about the regular 17 yet), x19, x22 and x31. It will be out of Charleston for two weeks.

I've been told that for each depot that bus will be testing out of, it'll be testing out of said depots for two weeks each. It really appears that the MTA is exploring the idea of purchasing the D45 CRT LE in the future.

Edited by Cait Sith

Earlier last week, I passed by a bus (40 footer) numbered R809 with the so-called "Cuomo wrap".... Couldn't make out it if it said 'Hudson' above the logo on the side or not, but I definitely saw the word Raillink.... This was out in Secaucus. along County rd, just south of Secaucus rd.....

Maybe old news to some of you in-the-know, but if that was infact a Hudson rail link bus, is that something that Riverdale pushed for, or.....

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

There's a photo on FB from a Mr. Koyf of a Prevost R809 from back in May. It's for a new Lower Hudson Transit Link.

https://www.dot.ny.gov/lhtl/about

This photo is from that website.

HudsonLink_Bus1_WithBranding.jpg

That bus looks nice. The color scheme reminds me of the new MTA buses with the new Cuomo scheme.

And I did read about this Hudson Link bus and it looks like it is connecting towns on both sides of the Hudson River. It’s multiple planned routes really allows new travel opportunities to be made, opening up new travel markets. Now if only the MTA and NYC DOT thought about that for its Select Bus Service plans (Hint: they should look at those plans for inspiration.

12 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

That bus looks nice. The color scheme reminds me of the new MTA buses with the new Cuomo scheme.

And I did read about this Hudson Link bus and it looks like it is connecting towns on both sides of the Hudson River. It’s multiple planned routes really allows new travel opportunities to be made, opening up new travel markets. Now if only the MTA and NYC DOT thought about that for its Select Bus Service plans (Hint: they should look at those plans for inspiration.

This just sounds like they are gonna rebrand the Tappen Zee Express.