BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Meant to post that. Ads on Quill SBS buses started last Saturday. Only a few LFSAs so far, driver's tractor section only.

That is correct. 5514 previously had one before this installment. So far no rear ads yet seen and Yes, driver side only. No passenger side yet. Could happen soon. 

5 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Meant to post that. Ads on Quill SBS buses started last Saturday. Only a few LFSAs so far, driver's tractor section only.

When I was on the X9 yesterday I seen one on either 6109 or 6111 (both buses were back to back) on the M23 in the same location, drivers tractor section. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

30 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

When I was on the X9 yesterday I seen one on either 6109 or 6111 (both buses were back to back) on the M23 in the same location, drivers tractor section. 

We could all only guess that all the other divisions will follow suit later.

Usually MJQ and MCH slaps ads on their newer fleet before the rest of Manhattan division when they get new buses.

It took (MTA) bus almost 24 months to start slapping ads on the new buses. Right now only in the rear section with certain buses.

On 6/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, RestrictOnTheHanger said:

So i got to find out personally what happens when a bus breaks down in the LIE HOV lane: call MTA cops and board other buses in active lanes of traffic. 

I feel bad for the people stuck behind us

I normally would have been on one of those buses stuck in that nightmare, but thankfully went into work later than usual. 

I thought they would just send one of the TBTA tow trucks from the tunnel to pull the broken down bus quickly, but maybe it is too heavy for those trucks. 

One time this year, the big yellow DOT truck that moves the barriers broke down in the middle of moving the barriers. That was quite a sight. 

5 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

I normally would have been on one of those buses stuck in that nightmare, but thankfully went into work later than usual. 

I thought they would just send one of the TBTA tow trucks from the tunnel to pull the broken down bus quickly, but maybe it is too heavy for those trucks. 

One time this year, the big yellow DOT truck that moves the barriers broke down in the middle of moving the barriers. That was quite a sight. 

Ohhhh so that's how they move those barriers

13 hours ago, Joel Up Front said:

Is there bustitution going on today for the LIRR?  I saw an MTA Bus MCI (3050) across from the West Hempstead LIRR station.  I saw another MCI (too far to see the number) at Valley Stream, too.

Yeah, last night I saw a few MCI and north fork express buses signed as LIRR heading s/b on the van wyck last night

Edited by Orion6025

13 hours ago, Joel Up Front said:

Is there bustitution going on today for the LIRR?  I saw an MTA Bus MCI (3050) across from the West Hempstead LIRR station.  I saw another MCI (too far to see the number) at Valley Stream, too.

Yes. Yesterday it was bustitution for the West Hempstead Branch. Today it's for the Far Rockaway Branch.

19 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

It could be related to the (4) not running in Brooklyn this weekend. 

The (3) is running all the way to New Lots so there's no shuttle bus for the (3) this weekend.

35 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I just seen an JFK XD60 running down Flatbush Ave signed up as "Subway Shuttle" with passengers on board... any idea what's that about?

Where exactly wasthe bus on Flatbush because the only shuttle bus running in Brooklyn is the (G) and (J) train shuttle buses.

34 minutes ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

The (3) is running all the way to New Lots so there's no shuttle bus for the (3) this weekend.

Where exactly wasthe bus on Flatbush because the only shuttle bus running in Brooklyn is the (G) and (J) train shuttle buses.

Near Fillmore Ave (near Flatbush depot)

30 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Did the B35 ever use artic buses? My aunt keeps telling me when she used to ride the B35 back in the days, they had double buses on the B35, and I still can’t figure out how. 

With any regularity, no....

If it was on some single rare occasion, then I wouldn't know.... But I have never seen an artic bus in service running along Church av.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

I just seen an JFK XD60 running down Flatbush Ave signed up as "Subway Shuttle" with passengers on board... any idea what's that about?

33 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Near Fillmore Ave (near Flatbush depot)

I'm getting the impression that it was supplemental Q35 service. Was it 6032? Or even an SBS bus?

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

It could only be one or two things.  

1) could possibly be a supplemental Q35 for the beach  🏖 

Also, 6032 is an SBS bus. My next theory is it could possibly be going to Flatbush for training and height clearance at depot. 

Edited by Future ENY OP
Correction

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

It could only be one or two things.  

1) could possibly be a supplemental Q35 for the beach  🏖 

Also, ain’t 6032 an SBS bus? If it is than my next theory is it could possibly be going to Flatbush for training and height clearance at depot. 

1. You basically repeated what I said.....

2. That's a pretty far-off theory when they already have 40-foot versions of them....

3. Yes, 6032 is an SBS bus, but that bus was in Brooklyn.

Edited by Cait Sith