MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

54 minutes ago, King Transit said:

At first, I thought UP was not getting XDE40s because they have never got hybrids in a long time. Until 2 days ago, the NG HEVs came for them from FP and now they seem ready for the XDE40s. Oh and the OG HEVs from ENY, I almost forgot

The Winter Fleet review said that East New York, Flatbush, Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue, and Ulmer Park are all in line for it. I even posted that list last week and this was also confirmed by @East New York.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

The Winter Fleet review said that East New York, Flatbush, Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue, and Ulmer Park are all in line for it. I even posted that list last week and this was also confirmed by @East New York.

Just know that things can change in a heartbeat.....let's not get overzealous of these things until it actually happens. Nothing is confirmed, as things can change without notice....just like this unorganized XD40 order we're still going through.

Edited by Cait Sith

42 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Just know that things can change in a heartbeat.....let's not get overzealous of these things until it actually happens. Nothing is confirmed, as things can change without notice....just like this unorganized XD40 order we're still going through.

Speaking of unorganized orders, I'm still a bit curious on the FB situation. Obviously FB is currently off the list for XD60s at the moment and I shouldn't take delivery assignments seriously, but how much is currently planned for Flatbush and Quill for now? Last I heard it was 28 for each depot and I lost the planned assignments way back.

7 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Speaking of unorganized orders, I'm still a bit curious on the FB situation. Obviously FB is currently off the list for XD60s at the moment and I shouldn't take delivery assignments seriously, but how much is currently planned for Flatbush and Quill for now? Last I heard it was 28 for each depot and I lost the planned assignments way back.

.... Damm that’s breaking news to me. Just hoping that’s not true in regards to Flatbush. They already suffered enough. However, we shouldn’t take these things seriously as things change everyday with the (MTA) 

1 minute ago, Future ENY OP said:

.... Damm that’s breaking news to me. Just hoping that’s not true in regards to Flatbush. They already suffered enough. However, we shouldn’t take these things seriously as things change everyday with the (MTA) 

I'm more asking to get a general idea of what goes where. The easier it is to notice a pattern, the easier to know what buses go where.

5 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I'm more asking to get a general idea of what goes where. The easier it is to notice a pattern, the easier to know what buses go where.

That’s a copy good sir. I’ll say this. I haven’t noticed any movement as of late with the XD’s with exception of the 2 that went to FB last week. 

Is there a start date for the SBS14+? 

8 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Believe those buses are actually the strange repaints done a few years back where they preserved the black fronts and angled stripes at the back. You can tell by the doors and numbering that the it's a repaint though. The only unrepainted NGs I know of are the ex-SI buses. There might be one or two Flatbush buses still running around in a partial repaint. 

You're right... i totally forgot that a few units got the "oh hell no... we're not doin' alldat" treatment. lazy repaint in the old style instead of the straight blue stripe down the sides smh 😂

I figured i'd make a post with an overview of the delivered 2019 LFS:

Gun Hill (6): 8616, 8619, 8622-8625

Kingsbridge (29): 8543-8553, 8555-8572

Queens Village (32): 8509-8517, 8519-8534, 8536-8542

Yukon (33): 8573-8576, 8578-8583, 8585-8592, 8594-8595, 8598-8600, 8603-8611, 8613

1 hour ago, Orion6025 said:

I figured i'd make a post with an overview of the delivered 2019 LFS:

Gun Hill (6): 8616, 8619, 8622-8625

Kingsbridge (29): 8543-8553, 8555-8572

Queens Village (32): 8509-8517, 8519-8534, 8536-8542

Yukon (33): 8573-8576, 8578-8583, 8585-8592, 8594-8595, 8598-8600, 8603-8611, 8613

I’m guessing this order is gonna be mixed up like the  XD40 order QV still needs about 32 more buses so the should’ve gotten Kingsbridges fleet (8504 - 8568)and kingsbridge should’ve gotten ( 8569 - 8629)And Yukon should’ve had (8630 - 8707 which leaves gun hill with 8708 - 8754

On 5/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, FLX9304 said:

The DOB is the enemy and the enemy shows no mercy! 

8 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

I’m guessing this order is gonna be mixed up like the  XD40 order QV still needs about 32 more buses so the should’ve gotten Kingsbridges fleet (8504 - 8568)and kingsbridge should’ve gotten ( 8569 - 8629)And Yukon should’ve had (8630 - 8707 which leaves gun hill with 8708 - 8754

Sir: Please read the above statement in bold.  The Department of buses is running this. The notion of buses being delivered in consecutive numbers is gone. Each depot will get about 25-30 buses in consecutive order than the rest is mixed. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

5991, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 6005 are kept in the SBS wrap but at TU, it's mainly the M14. 

Are you sure?  Cuz 5991 was unwrapped for local service and plus TU does not have a share of the SBS. That’s all Quill. Although TU has a few trips on the 14 

IMO: TU doesn’t need to be doing the 14A&D. That should all be for Quill since they want to take every bus from the city. Sheesh those buses should of went to Quill and not TU 

3 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Are you sure?  Cuz 5991 was unwrapped for local service and plus TU does not have a share of the SBS. That’s all Quill. Although TU has a few trips on the 14 

IMO: TU doesn’t need to be doing the 14A&D. That should all be for Quill since they want to take every bus from the city. Sheesh those buses should of went to Quill and not TU 

It's still in SBS wrap as of the morning at Union Square. 

Edited by Calvin

6 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Only reason i ask is b/c you then reported it was unwrapped on 5/9/19

I spotted 6121 as the mistaken unit, the front ad covered the mta logo from what I realized out of that the saved date...

Edited by Calvin

9 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

TU doesn’t need to be doing the 14A&D

i must interject. 100 street has the 14a/d because they lost approx. 4 runs (or more) when they lost their piece of the m79 when it went sbs. 100 street needs those 4 plus runs on their run board for the attached RDO's. if/when they lose the 14, those runs/RDO's must be replaced. IMO, this is where the M35 to 100 street rumor comes in. don't know how true it is, but it's been swirling around ever since two-six closed.