MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Brillant93 said:

I wonder if FB is going to be a mix of LFSAs and XD60s for now on? 

It sure is, just the fleet pattern is reversed like MJQ 

As in: Mostly LFSA with XD-60 that's at Quill, while Flatbush is the other way

Edited by Calvin

10 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I thought per our convo yesterday that said bus was still at FB. Check the system. FB just received 3 LFSA’s. I want to say 4. 

5499-5501 in house at FB. (I think 5498 is also at FB) 

5499 in operation right now on the 44SBS. 

That was 2 days ago (Thurs) observed at the depot, on-board SBS 46 to Crown Hts. I could be seeing things with another end digit like 6232

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I thought per our convo yesterday that said bus was still at FB. Check the system. FB just received 3 LFSA’s. I want to say 4. 

5499-5501 in house at FB. (I think 5498 is also at FB) 

5499 in operation right now on the 44SBS. 

#5498 is still at Quill at the moment  but it should  be getting transferred  soon to FB.

41 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

They really need to stop trying to convert these MTA bus company routes into artics so those XD60s can go back to transit. It seems to me they’re trying to hold on to them just to convert routes. My opinion but it’s sad tbh. 

I need to ask you this. What’s your beef about the loaned (MTA) NYCT bus to (MTA) bus. In case you forgot Queens need artics just as Brooklyn needs and Manhattan will also need. 

Plus a new set of artics are coming. Be patient with the process. 

39 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I need to ask you this. What’s your beef about the loaned (MTA) NYCT bus to (MTA) bus. In case you forgot Queens need artics just as Brooklyn needs and Manhattan will also need. 

Plus a new set of artics are coming. Be patient with the process. 

It’s not so much beef but it’s just the way how much they’re just converting things left to right. Out of nowhere this route is rumored to being converted, but then they’re trying to redo bus maps. To me it just seems there’s way too many things happening all at once. Then they want to get rid of the hybrids which puts on more strain. I personally feel the mta should work better with its own management. but I think almost everyone can agree to that. 

2 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

It’s not so much beef but it’s just the way how much they’re just converting things left to right. Out of nowhere this route is rumored to being converted, but then they’re trying to redo bus maps. To me it just seems there’s way too many things happening all at once. Then they want to get rid of the hybrids which puts on more strain. I personally feel the mta should work better with its own management. but I think almost everyone can agree to that. 

The buses are aging and whatever we may think of the chaos of the (MTA) right now. Let them deal with it and dig a hole, bury yourself (good words by Jay-Z) 

The other real chaos will begin when Queens and Brooklyn maps are redone and both boroughs will feel the same fate as The Bronx currently. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

33 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

The buses are aging and whatever we may think of the chaos of the (MTA) right now. Let them deal with it and dig a hole, bury yourself (good words by Jay-Z) 

The other real chaos will begin when Queens and Brooklyn maps are redone and both boroughs will feel the same fate as The Bronx currently. 

Isn’t the queens draft supposed to be out in a couple of months? Brooklyn I know they started off. 

19 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

They really need to stop trying to convert these MTA bus company routes into artics so those XD60s can go back to transit. It seems to me they’re trying to hold on to them just to convert routes. My opinion but it’s sad tbh. 

The Q6 was supposed to be artics before the 6000s even came to MTA Bus though.....

With fare payment around 20-30% and the attitudes of those passengers on the Q6 the last thing I would put on that route are new Articulated buses.  If MTA wants to convert that line to Artics they should just  go to the scrap yard and get some of those old Orion Artics to run on that line.

6 minutes ago, Rafa said:

If MTA wants to convert that line to Artics they should just  go to the scrap yard and get some of those old Orion Artics to run on that line.

Orion Artics? We didn’t have any artics from Orion (in fact, they never even made artics). I believe you must be talking about the old New Flyer D60HF buses that were replaced by the New Flyer XD60s and NovaBus LFSA Smart Bus.

42 minutes ago, Rafa said:

If MTA wants to convert that line to Artics they should just  go to the scrap yard and get some of those old Orion Artics to run on that line.

Besides that “Orion Artics” aren’t and were never such a thing (as @JeremiahC99 replied), I’m pretty sure most (if not all) of the 2002-03 New Flyer D60HF buses have been demolished.

Edited by Snorunts

13 hours ago, Rafa said:

With fare payment around 20-30% and the attitudes of those passengers on the Q6 the last thing I would put on that route are new Articulated buses.  If MTA wants to convert that line to Artics they should just  go to the scrap yard and get some of those old Orion Artics to run on that line.

People farebeat on a lot of artic lines. This wouldn’t be a new thing when artic’s hit the Q6. 

I’m just so curious at to where those 6000’s at JFK and LGA will go. We already know LGA is suppose to keep some of them. I know Tuskegee is suppose to get them but honestly I don’t see that happening just yet. I feel like transit politics is going to play a role, and I feel like most of them will end up staying in Queens especially if the MTA is really serious about the Q6 being artic. Somehow I feel like some of them will even make it to CS. I don’t want to get too off topic with speculation because I know this isn’t the thread for that. Of course with the MTA everything is subject to change so we shall just see. 

Question, but I was watching a video of someone on the bus passing by the vendor at JFK and I saw a few new BE40s. Did the order of that commence or is that another companies BE40s? 

Edit: 

I found out 10 were leased as test buses and only 5 were put into service. 

Edited by Brillant93
Info clarification