MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Someone said a while ago that FB would probably get JFKs batch. 

They should be getting the last 17 buses in that order (6109-6125). At least that’s what I have on my spreadsheet.

Tuskegee Airmen should be getting LaGuardia’s batch to start pushing out buses to the Bronx and push the GH and KB XD60s to Brooklyn.

Edited by JeremiahC99

11 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

They should be getting the last 17 buses in that order (6109-6125). At least that’s what I have on my spreadsheet.

Tuskegee Airmen should be getting LaGuardia’s batch to start pushing out buses to the Bronx and push the GH and KB XD60s to Brooklyn.

6109, 6125 are at MQ. 
Plus JFK has the even series.

Where would those XD60’s go? Grand Avenue, Stengel and Gleason. I’m not 100% if ENY is currently artic ready to receive XD60’s just yet. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

6109 is at MQ. 

Okay. I was referring with bigger moves when the XE60s come in. I’m making an educated guess that once the XE’s begin to hit service (something I’m waiting for), the 2016-17 XD60s could make their way to FB.

Also, I hope the new B46 SBS artics make their way onto runs in the 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM slot.

9 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Where would those XD60’s go? Grand Avenue, Stengel and Gleason.

Gleason has another artic route to convert? 

Gee, I like that these new artics are coming to Brooklyn, but seriously where’s the love for Flatbush. I know of a route there that “could” use some artics.

1 minute ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Gleason has another artic route to convert? 

Gee, I like that these new artics are coming to Brooklyn, but seriously where’s the love for Flatbush. I know of a route there that “could” use some artics.

I kinda threw that out there since they may do maintenance on those GH/KB buses if GA CMF get buried with work. I’ll say this if there’s another conversion for Gleason I’ll say the B68. 

10 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Check your PM!

I did.

5 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Gleason is a CNG depot so they won’t be getting any diesel artics. I think those XD60s from the Bronx are going to wherever the MTA decides. 

Being a CNG depot has not stopped them from getting diesel buses before. Look at West Farms.

8 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I did.

Being a CNG depot has not stopped them from getting diesel buses before. Look at West Farms.

Those two depots are entirely different.

When Gleason converted to CNG, they kept enough fuel pumps to refuel their trucks and such along with whatever buses they get(like the metrocard bus). West Farms never saw a full conversion to CNG, hence why they have a ton of diesel articulated buses and some 40fters remaining.

Before the C40LFs(not the old, retired ones) and the XN40s were even a thing, West Farms was still largely a diesel depot.

Edited by Cait Sith

12 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Those two depots are entirely different.

When Gleason converted to CNG, they kept enough fuel pumps to refuel their trucks and such along with whatever buses they get(like the metrocard bus). West Farms never saw a full conversion to CNG, hence why they have a ton of diesel articulated buses and some 40fters remaining.

Before the C40LFs(not the old, retired ones) and the XN40s were even a thing, West Farms was still largely a diesel depot.

To add on to this, there's only like one diesel pump or two that remain. 

And to add on to that, 262 suddenly appeared in the depot.

8 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Aren't those 3800s hybrids with the box batteries that for whatever reason the DOB didn't want running in the outer boroughs? Thought the Box battery NG's would stay in Manhattan until retirement, guess not.

5 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

As we can see. This is a different Department of Buses. 

They could be at GA just for maintenance.

6 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I’m just saying, it could be the same situation as those 2015 Novabus LFS (8107-8119) that left Jamaica Depot to Staten Island. Some of them made a stop at Michael J. Quill but never actually did a run in Manhattan...

Definitely not the same situation.. I saw the conga line of some of those Jamaica buses heading to Quill via West Side Highway than to Yukon..  Those buses were on a brief stay overnight than transferred to Yukon.

As @MHV9218 indicated buses going in for routine maintenance at GA, ENY, Zerega CMF don't get mentioned.

So for what it appears for now. Those buses are property of Grand Avenue. Now begs the question will GA move some of their NG's back to Fresh Pond if they pick up more from Manhattan? 

Edited by Future ENY OP

15 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Definitely not the same situation.. I saw the conga line of some of those Jamaica buses heading to Quill via West Side Highway than to Yukon..  Those buses were on a brief stay overnight than transferred to Yukon.

Actually, two separate stops from Quill: 8107-8116 Yukon  while 8117-8119 went to Charleston via Arthur Kill RD

Edited by Calvin

5 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

As @MHV9218 indicated buses going in for routine maintenance at GA, ENY, Zerega CMF don't get mentioned.

So for what it appears for now. Those buses are property of Grand Avenue. Now begs the question will GA move some of their NG's back to Fresh Pond if they pick up more from Manhattan? 

Slow down, you're getting way ahead of yourself.

As of this post, 3894 is in service on the B62.

As for whether or not these are for keeps, give it a few days.....