What is your least favorite Station?

VWM

just from your opinion, and where you've actually been.

Currently mine is Lexington Av-63 St on the (F)

Why?

1) The elevator speaks for itself.

2) Out of System transfer to the (4)(5)(6)(N)(Q)(R) sucks.

So what's yours?

3rd Ave-149th Street (2)(5)<5> for me insignificant Stop Since grand concourse is 3 blocks away and Jacks Ave 3 Blocks Away. And no Under/Over Pass to get to the other side for transferring if necessary so i don't know why they call it an express station and the station only has 2 entrances so.........i don't know

Station I dislike: Chambers St (J)(Z) because it is disguating and the 62nd Street (D) station because of those old stairs. (Yeah they're going to work on it)

Least favorite station: Main Street (7)<7>. Those stairs are not wide..

Bowery on the (J) and (Z) and the whole (G) line

Even Smith-9th St?

=

I don't like long corridors such as the 42nd TS-8th Av and 14th 6th-7th Av ones. Also there's 53rd-Lex for the long walk and then the long decent down the stairs/escelator to the crowded platform. I've made a point to avoid that station altogether during rush hours. If going from Manhattan to Queens, I'd rather take the (R) to QP and then transfer to the (E).

Canal Street on the (N) and (Q) platform... Really, really, needs work

The type of work it needs is never going to happen due to the complexity of work it requires. Besides it was rehabilitated just ten years ago, but look at southbound platform, it sure needs work.

That's the general problems with rehabs overall, they do not fix structural/water problems, rather focusing more on the visuals. But because the structural problems were not fixed, the rehab looks like complete waste of money few years later. Tiles are falling off, water is dripping and paint is peeling off, most of those problems could be addressed gradually, without rehab, but NO, the ta would rather wait until the station looks like cr@p and rehab it, causing service distruptions and millions of dollars. And don't get me started on excessive use of paint. Just my little rant:mad:

The type of work it needs is never going to happen due to the complexity of work it requires. Besides it was rehabilitated just ten years ago, but look at southbound platform, it sure needs work.

That's the general problems with rehabs overall, they do not fix structural/water problems, rather focusing more on the visuals. But because the structural problems were not fixed, the rehab looks like complete waste of money few years later. Tiles are falling off, water is dripping and paint is peeling off, most of those problems could be addressed gradually, without rehab, but NO, the ta would rather wait until the station looks like cr@p and rehab it, causing service distruptions and millions of dollars. And don't get me started on excessive use of paint. Just my little rant:mad:

And that's why there's going to be problems very, very soon

145 Street on the (A)(B)(C)(D)-- I dislike the fact that trains stop on two levels and this is my home station.

34 Street (B)(D)(F)(M)-- too deep and often times too hot

I don't mind any stations in the 42 Street complex, but I don't like that long schlep between the 8th Avenue line and the rest of the stations so I avoid it.

Archived