Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the later Orion Vs broke down (16x3, I think it was 73) broke down on me 8 times on the N24 on my first day of classes.  This made me stop taking buses to Hicksville entirely.  This seemed like the engine overheating because the transmission itself seemed to be fine but there was this distinct high-pitched whine coming from the dashboard almost constantly.

1) Just before Nassau Terminal Road

2) BEFORE Chaminade

3) Stop after Chaminade

4) Stop just before the Mineola Boulevard overpass over the Main Line

5) Right ON the overpass itself - this one took a good 5 minutes.  When we got to the Intermodal Center, the driver tried to plead with the dispatcher and other NICE personnel to give him another bus.  An N22 came in behind and people went for that instead, even though that was an NG and was already SRO.

6) On the Ring Road into RFM.  It was about to make the turn (that would bring it past the gate) when it broke down as the light turned red.  When the bus turned back on, it was able to limp into the bay where there was a sizeable crowd.  The N22 that I saw at Mineola came in right behind this bus, and that was still SRO.  The driver turned the bus off a second time to give the engine a break and told the people waiting to take the N22 instead.  I was about to get out when the driver reached through the window and turned the engine back on.  At this point, I couldn't wait to get off.

7) On the Ring Road out, I heard the transmission just stop whirring and the engine died again.  Luckily there was little traffic.

8) Just before the turn onto Old Country Road, it gave out yet again.  I was only headed to the Best Buy to get some headphones (and I wanted to get off) so I was lucky that it was able to limp there.

The next n24 that I took to get to the station was just about on time.  What worried me was that almost an hour later, I saw that the driver of the first n24 had just finished his run and was waiting to turn onto Route 106.  I had never been on a bus that had broken down that many times before...

Sure, BO can't be wrong, cuts off traffic that can't fit, drives on the wrong side of the road, clearly he knows what he is doing and must be the best bus driver around.

The only people who's emotions are being toyed with are the uber bus lovers who can't see the forest for the trees...

Why was the car driver following him from Flushing to Great Neck, I don't know, maybe it was because he WAS DRIVING FROM FLUSHING TO GREAT NECK to visit his parents.

No, this all has to be "wha wha, he was mean to a bus driver"

Lol, the point is that any car traveling the same route as a bus should be well ahead of the bus. If I'm driving from Jamaica to Hempstead, I shouldn't still be by the same N6 for the duration of the trip.  The B/O wasn't really on on the "wrong" side of the road, look at google maps, he cut into the left turn lane early. 

Gotta love the sensational responses though, It's like when you're on a regular two way street and someone is double parked, there are people that will just sit there and possibly honk their horn, instead of simply going around when the coast is clear because they're scared of crossing the yellow line, its "super dangerous"  :rolleyes:

Edited by N6 Limited

you must both be very proud. I used to drive buses for a living and eventually started my own company for doing what we did. After 4-5 years it just felt like a waste of my time, so I split up the empire amongst friends I had made and left. Once I did I was able to earn numerous times what I used to make, retire my family and myself, own multiple properties across the globe [toronto, vancouver, los angeles, ny, miami, alps, dominican, paris, london, south africa, moscow, bangkok, tokyo, etc], travel the world in chartered jets & yachts, collect the most expensive and rare cars in the world, party with the creme de la creme of society, and I've dated 2 a list actresses, 6 models, 4 daughters of an oil tycoon, shipping magnate & 2 ceo's and all this within 10 years after leaving.

congratulations

What a load of bullshit.

you must both be very proud. I used to drive buses for a living and eventually started my own company for doing what we did. After 4-5 years it just felt like a waste of my time, so I split up the empire amongst friends I had made and left. Once I did I was able to earn numerous times what I used to make, retire my family and myself, own multiple properties across the globe [toronto, vancouver, los angeles, ny, miami, alps, dominican, paris, london, south africa, moscow, bangkok, tokyo, etc], travel the world in chartered jets & yachts, collect the most expensive and rare cars in the world, party with the creme de la creme of society, and I've dated 2 a list actresses, 6 models, 4 daughters of an oil tycoon, shipping magnate & 2 ceo's and all this within 10 years after leaving.

congratulations

What a load of bullshit.

^Agreed.

1.yes, bus drivers need to learn their place in the world

2.who cares?

1. Why does the car have to follow the bus, if it sees that the bus is driving like a maniac, as he's pointing out, why didn't he just stay back. He had to pick his poison, and he decided to do so , and he got what happened. The only think that was wrong was the last part, but everything else was on him. 

2. Who cares; I do, and if you're going to come here and make a  "argument", and come on your "high horse", at least get things right, don't come sounding like a fool, because otherwise, who cares?

You don't like what I have to say, too bad! Sucks to be you....

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1. Why does the car have to follow the bus, if it sees that the bus is driving like a maniac, as he's pointing out, why didn't he just stay back. He had to pick his poison, and he decided to do so , and he got what happened. The only think that was wrong was the last part, but everything else was on him. 

2. Who cares; I do, and if you're going to come here and make a  "argument", and come on your "high horse", at least get things right, don't come sounding like a fool, because otherwise, who cares?

You don't like what I have to say, too bad! Sucks to be you....

*The only thing

^ guess you didn't see that when you edited your post.

*The only thing

^ guess you didn't see that when you edited your post.

Yes, but my error was only one letter (by mistake).

You missed an entire word (You also didn't capitalize every place, and you had a lot of other grammatical errors, but whatever...).

In addition, I wasn't on some high horse.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

congratulations

Oh man I laughed so hard when I saw this. The empire really? With all these spelling mistakes and teens imaginary thoughts (a-list actresses, jets, yachts) LOL!!

prove your accusation mr. hail to the bus driver

1. Your lack of grammar in your single post while trying to correct someone else.

2. Dominican....and not Dominican Republic.

3. The fact that you're hiding under proxies already reveals that you're a fake.

Need I say more?

So at Transdev's contract NJT operation the "operator" on the side has been taped over with "TRANSDEV SERVICES INC." replacing Veolia. Did they do that at NICE too? Haven't been to Jamaica or Flushing in a few weeks so I wouldn't know.

NICE Bus didn't.

It's still says Veolia Transportation Inc.

Is there a reason why the buses are always breaking down in places north of Old Country Road?

1) Steep hills

2) Stop-and-go traffic conditions are sometimes more hectic than they'd be on the South Shore (typically, South Shore roads have a second lane or shoulder if there's room to get around an obstacle; up north, not so much), so more stress on a bus and drivetrain

3) Crappy maintenance *ahem*

4) I heard something that ZF transmissions (i.e. Buses in the Bronx) can help buses climb hills far better than Allison transmissions can, but that's a 5-year-old rumor

1) Steep hills

2) Stop-and-go traffic conditions are sometimes more hectic than they'd be on the South Shore (typically, South Shore roads have a second lane or shoulder if there's room to get around an obstacle; up north, not so much), so more stress on a bus and drivetrain

3) Crappy maintenance *ahem*

4) I heard something that ZF transmissions (i.e. Buses in the Bronx) can help buses climb hills far better than Allison transmissions can, but that's a 5-year-old rumor

Not true. ZF Transmissions hesitate while going up hill. Allisons perform better while going uphill.

Wow! ...and all because you stopped driving a bus, huh?  It seems like you've seen Wolf of Wall St one too many times.  but hey, don't let us stop you, dream troll, dream!

I could tell you were full of sh!t in the in the second sentence....

I thought you were the one who took/posted the original video?  Are you?

1. Your lack of grammar in your single post while trying to correct someone else.

2. Dominican....and not Dominican Republic.

3. The fact that you're hiding under proxies already reveals that you're a fake.

Need I say more?

Proxies = Banned troll !  He does remind me of a couple of kids that got banned....