What was your 1st ride on an MTA "express bus?"

S78 via Hylan

I figured with the recent express bus stories and many ideas in the proposal threads, this would be a place to shine some of those express bus ideas or experiences that you've had on them.

I'll start it of with my own experience:

My very first express bus ride was 2007 MCI D4500CL 4306 on the X1 back in August of 2009 while I was working. Rode it from the Eltingville Transit Center to Lower Manhattan. The ride rocked my world B). Met some folks, read the morning newspaper, while listening to my ipod.

I hope to try some new express bus routes this summer. That is all for now.

S78 there been couple of posters who also recently wanted a express bus thread. Unless the mood has changed(lets see where this goes)it been decided to just express bus route ideas in the route home boros. I.E. BM1=Brooklyn X-17=Staten Island, etc.

Gotcha.

My first Express Bus ride(s) was way before I was a busfan. It was on a TMC RTS CNG on the BM5 (forgot what it was called back then, I think the BQM1?) and a few others I can't really recall.

But as a busfan, my first ride I believe was on MCI D4500CT 2217 on the x6, back in 2009 when those buses were new and well conditioned. Quite the good ride that was.

The express buses have crappy A/C's. Period.

There's some that have crappy A/C like 3208 out of CP. Rode on that bus yesterday and it was spitting HOT AIR.

BUT most express buses I ride from the following depots SC/CP/EC are nice and comfortable when it comes to the a/c..

First express bus experience: Riding the BM2 from Canarsie to Midtown on MCI classic 478. Circa 1999. THat bus ran sweet along with 446, 444, and few others I can't remember right now.. Those MCI classics were the truth.

My very first time on a coach bus was back when I was 11 years old on a school trip to Philly. Being in such a large bus was interesting, the seats were better, the windows were HUGE, and the bus rode pretty smooth. Felt like an airplane interior almost. But yeah, my first MTA express bus ride was actually not too long ago, maybe about two years ago roughly, I wasn't too impressed compared with the stuff New Jersey's got!

My first express bus ride was just recent May 19, 2012. On a MCI D4500CT 2224 on the X10 to Port Richmond. I rode that bus from 57st and lexington ave to Narrows RD North and Hylan BLVD. The ride was amazing! the seats were great....very relaxing with the A/C on. Everyone was confortable...i had a conversation with some people about the express buses. Was a very fast trip! and the bus was about 85% crowded! left around 4:15pm and got home at 5:05 (including some traffic in manhattan). Was a great experience and hope to ride a Prevost X3-45 some day!

IIRC the first express bus I rode was a low # 490X CBC TMC CNG CNG on the BM3 from Emmons Ave in Sheepshead Bay with my Grandma to Manhatten, I still remember this ride, cuz it was the only TMC RTS CNG I rode on and it was amazing and it was one of only 3 times I've used an express bus, other two times were 3XXX buses on the BM3.

My first ride on an express bus was my Senior year in HS (2001). Rode 168 on the X18 from Park Hill to Lower Manhattan, then caught the train two stops to school in Brooklyn. This bus was repowered, and I throughly enjoyed the ride. I was bitten by the bug, and the express bus because my primary mode of travel from Staten Island. Still remains that way today... I'm not a big fan of the ferry. To bad they won't bring back the X18.

My first express bus ride (which coincidentally was also my first ride on the MTABC/PBL since the MTA took them over) was on the BM2, it was on a TMC GNC RTS (I forgot the number) this was in 2006. I got on thinking it was actually going to make it past Ocean Avenue, but because I had to be home by a certain time, I got off on East 4 St and headed off to the (F).

My first express route was in '97 , i was only 2 but i remember the # , my first ride was on 9335 on the X28 - manhattan , i rode the rts until they put them out of express service , and i rode them when they went into local services , then became the mci's . Even though i grew up on mci's im not really a big fan of those anymore .

• 3 weeks later...

Still remember my first express bus ride.... The first X16 of the morning to work... The 06:45 to be exact at that time... This was back in 2006... The driver snubbed me when I got off, but now that I've been riding express buses for 6 years and he's seen me around he always speaks.

I don't remember the year, but the first time I took an express bus was the BxM3 (an MCI while the route was still operated by Liberty Lines) with my dad.

The first MTA express bus I took occurred in 1997 or 1998 on the X25. It was the last bus in the morning (10 AM), and it was a NovaBus RTS. Mom and I were the only riders, and we got off at the corner of St. James Place and the stretch on Pearl Street that's now closed.

Archived