Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

The Throwies Series, Part 1: TMC

Daaaaaamn, 8425, 8500 and 8678 looks awesome right there along with 8217 at 126. Excellent shots!

• Upvote 1

Great shots Trevor! About what year did you start photography, during your teenage years?

Great shots Trevor! About what year did you start photography, during your teenage years?

1993 when I was 13 years old....here is my first photo ever:

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

• Upvote 12

Classics and the RTS CNG amazing. Those 1990-91 TMC RTS's look good when they were new same thing with the 1993 and 94 units. Too bad you can never see so many TMC's in NY anymore.

Nice photos. You've been doing this for many years I've noticed you've started from simple to professional. Thats the best way a true photographer should start out

Love seeing this stuff Trevor, I can only hope in 15 years I get to look back on my shots like this. It drives me nuts too cause for two years now I've been searching for my box of slides but I can't find it, I took all these film bus shots during the 90s to early 2000s and I don't what happened to them. Really got stuff you got here anyway, favorite has to be the shot of 8292.

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

I remember it just like that!!! Tho I didn't know they had the exhaust pipes on the top, always thought those came in, in the early 2000s. Thanks for the throw back!!

These are very interesting shots. I myself have gone through old photos and videos this summer. It's good to revive the past like this. :)

BTW, the RTS in the 5th photo, was it inherited from the private companies, and did it see service in the MTA?

NYCB_TMC_8633.jpg

Damn I really miss those days. I remember living in Fresh Meadows along 188th when these showed up at QV and Jamaica. The original iteration of the Series 50 and the Alcoas made them official. Used to love going to Jamaica Ave for the private bus line TMCs

Excellent . Long live the RTS!. I prefer the black trim on the RTS/TMC's :)