Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half of the 2's midnight crew are getting sent over to Dyre in order to maintain service again, and many of the PM crews are racking in the OT for haivng to do an extra trip. Most of you seem to be forgetting that you actually need the CREWS to run this extra service. This is just one of the MANY reasons that you won't be seeing any (1)'s to New Lots. SO DROP IT. *NOW*.

Assuming they indeed run full service on the East side:

If the (2) and (3) don't resume through service to Brooklyn on Monday, should I expect some (4) train runs in particular to be missing due to lack of crews, since extra trains would be needed to fill in?

It was earlier this evening, between 8-11PM. Some of the (5)'s got turned at the Brooklyn Bridge loop and sent back uptown because Flatbush knew that they wouldn't have anybody to take those trains, and for a while Dyre was only doing shuttles to E180 and Flatbush shuttles to Atlantic. 5's started running full service to Flatbush out of Dyre again starting with the 10:45PM interval.

I don't know what the signal maintainers were doing, but it's safe to assume it was related to the hurricane.

Please keep the fantasy shit out of this thread. This thread is not a "what I would do thread. This is for factual information to keep everyone up on whats going on. At this point in time I think all fantasy threads should be banned anyway. They get too out of control, and its a waste of forum space.

Hi all- I don't know much about the subway aside from how I use it daily. Just trying to get some information. Can anyone tell me when the G train might start running again and why it is still suspended? Is it because of the water it crosses to go to Long Island City? I hope we get it back soon since I've been walking to Jay st every day this week.

So many people Bailed at Lexington Ave, they had enough! lo.l I bailed at 57th st.

So many people "bail" at Lexington Ave even on a normal day. You must not take the F train much. All trains going from Queens to Manhattan (N,Q,R,7,F,E,M) people "bail" at the first stop in Manhattan.

Are those (M)'s from Parsons Blvd. 8 or 10-car trains?

like Snowblock said, they are 8 car trains. Some have electronic signs turned off with "M 34 St to Jamaica Center" posters in window while others have electronic signs as "M to 71 Ave via 63St" with conductor announcements saying it is running to Jamaica Center. I have seen R46 F trains with electronic signs to 34St and some as S Shuttle.

The way the tracks are set up, once the IRT West Side can run again Chambers and north, it would make sense to run the 1 to New Lots since running the 4 requires a crossover and you have to turn the 1 around somewhere.

3 train Service Kills that Idea...

As of now..

To the People who are biitching about Q service, SHUT THE HELL UP! BE GLAD THE MTA IS DOING THEIR BEST to bring back service, SO BE GREATFUL, WE JUST GOT HIT BY A DAMN HURRICANE, the F--- is wrong with some of you guys, the people in the rockways lost everything and won't have subway service until next year and people are whining about Q service, the hell is wrong with you people, don't YOU GET BRIGHTON is in ZONE 1, so of course it got water damage, i would rather wait then rush service knowing that the signals and rails may be damaged

The constant bellyaching from some of these folks disgust me...

Had an adventure last night at around 9 - 10pm. I go to Herald Square to go home and I see a 14 or 15 - car R160 pushing a 8 - car 160 south into the station on the northbound local track. Basically, a 22-car train, at least. I couldn't get a full count because the train was so long it was still partly in the tunnel, and my (M) train arrived on the south-bound local track. Then, I get on that only to be sent down the 53rd st. tube to face signal problems before we even get to 5th av/53rd st. We were stuck for about an hour before we could reverse back into Rockerfeller Center. Everyone had to get off and take the next (M). By the time I got to my bus, I had to pay another fare; no transfer. :(

Also, funny how there's a (D) to Far Rockaway program, but no (M) to/from Jamaica Center. :wacko:

Seems to be a running theme: reroute options that will likely never see the light of day exist, but ones that are well within the realm of possibility are for some reason, absent.

The (M) on the Queens corridor is still new, and occasions like this hadn't been happening, so it will take time for them to add them. Now, after this, they will probably add Jamaica Center and 179th.

The (D) has always been on the IND uptown, and also faced various changes to its southern route, so I guess they decided to throw that in there. (Not sure why they thought of that bafore even the (F) to Euclid).

During 2010 the (MTA) very briefly stuck in alternatives for the Orange (M), they'll come as Eric B said.

The (M) is still running to Jamaica Center but somehow running Queens Blvd Express while the (F) takes local. Any explanation why?

Okay, the service changes of the morning.

(1) trains run local service from 242nd Street to 14th Street.

(2) trains are back up!

(3) trains are back up as well!

(4) trains are back but they run to New Lots.

(5) trains run a shuttle from Dyre Ave to E180.

(6) trains are back up, with delays.

(7) trains are back up!

GCT-TSQ (S) is back up!

As of now:

Service Change Posted: 11/04/2012 10:14AM

n.png trains operate between Ditmars Blvd (Queens) and 34 Street-Herald Square Station, making all local stops.

All n.png trains from Queens terminate at 34 Street-Herald Square Station, there is no n.png, q.png, r.png service in Manhattan south of 34 Street.

Northbound n.png trains bypass 49 Street Station.

n.png train service will bypass the 57 Street-7 Avenue Station in both directions.

Northbound q.png trains operate between the Kings Highway Station and the Atlantic Avenue Station.

Southbound q.png trains operate between the Jay Street-MetroTech Station and the Kings Highway Station.

Archived