Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, the suspension of the (N) in Brooklyn will have a huge impact to those Chinese people living in the areas.

The (D)(F)(Q) take them nowhere near Brooklyn's Chinatown...

And buses are not reliable at all.

Yes, because having to overcome the atlantic ocean fulling your trench is not as important as keeping chinese people happy....

Yes, because having to overcome the atlantic ocean fulling your trench is not as important as keeping chinese people happy....

I was not expressing my opinion. I understood the obstacle the MTA faces.

I was just saying that there must be someone who complains about the suspension, and Chinese people are must likely those people.

And I found your comment a bit offensive...you should word it in a better way...

I was just saying that there must be someone who complains about the suspension, and Chinese people are must likely those people.

Considering thier homes were NOT demolished by giant waves nor were the destoryed in a massive fire, they have no right to complain about anything, period, end of story. so they can't get to sunset park easily, boo fracking hoo.

And I found your comment a bit offensive...you should word it in a better way...

uh oh, the PC police are out....

To the People who are biitching about Q service, SHUT THE HELL UP! BE GLAD THE MTA IS DOING THEIR BEST to bring back service, SO BE GREATFUL, WE JUST GOT HIT BY A DAMN HURRICANE, the F--- is wrong with some of you guys, the people in the rockways lost everything and won't have subway service until next year and people are whining about Q service, the hell is wrong with you people, don't YOU GET BRIGHTON is in ZONE 1, so of course it got water damage, i would rather wait then rush service knowing that the signals and rails may be damaged

When people in the Rockaways have lost everything... you complain about Sunset Park residents, regardless of ethnicity, whining about a few days with out service... they need to sit their asses down and be patient.

Once again, I am not complaining...

Considering thier homes were NOT demolished by giant waves nor were the destoryed in a massive fire, they have no right to complain about anything, period, end of story. so they can't get to sunset park easily, boo fracking hoo.

uh oh, the PC police are out....

Yes, you are right.

After a disaster like this, no one should complain...

But don't forget selfish people always exist (I am not saying Chinese people are selfish...selfish people exist in all races...)

And don't forget how much anger and impatience some people have while waiting for the shuffle buses...

So some people must be complaining...that was all I meant...

Anyway, since no one understand what I meant (or maybe I didn't say it right), I won't reply to this thread anymore...

The (Q) is apparently suspended again. The updated map no longer shows the line as in service.

Oh, and to my understanding, the (1) will terminate at 14th Street once the (2) and (3) are back.

I don't think the (1) would turn around at 14th, that would cause the whole entire 7th ave line to be backed up due to the crossing of the (1) at time sq and the crossing the 2 and 3's at times sq, it would just make sense to run the (1) to new lots and the (3) to 14th to save the trouble of messing up a railroad, or just have the (3) not run at all and have the (1) turn at 14th with the (2) being local from 96th to chambers and have the (4) run to New Lots all times, the (1) to new lots would save alot of time, its not speaking like a foamer, its just common sense because of the layout of the (1),(2) and (3) on the 7th ave line and all the swicthing between all 3 lines south of times sq

How many times do I have to (F) ING SAY THIS. THE (1) IS NOT GOING TO BE SENT TO NEW LOTS!!!!!!! By Monday, the (1) will be running the regular route, except that Rector St will be the last stop, and then we will run NON-REVENUE through the loop and go back into service at Rector St N/B.

Futhermore, how does it make ANY sense to send a train and their crews over an hour out of their way just to avoid a merging issue????

How many times do I have to (F) ING SAY THIS. THE (1) IS NOT GOING TO BE SENT TO NEW LOTS!!!!!!! By Monday, the (1) will be running the regular route, except that Rector St will be the last stop, and then we will run NON-REVENUE through the loop and go back into service at Rector St N/B.

Futhermore, how does it make ANY sense to send a train and their crews over an hour out of their way just to avoid a merging issue????

didnt know that until i just read the (1) going to rector, because everyone kept on saying that the loop wasn't cleared yet, even if it wasn't, turning the 1 at 14th would have been retarded so no need for the F'ing attitude, and even if they did so the F what, who gives a shit if they have to send the crews to new lots if this would have happened, its all about getting the people point A to B and not causing a back up on the 7th ave line, but since the loop is clear it going to rector

Here is some service that I would change/add for Monday assuming power is out in some locations and assuming Christine Street+F Tunnel for B division.

(A) trains run in two sections, 207 to 34/Penn and Jay/MetroTech to Lefferts(via local in Brooklyn and Queens)

(C) trains run from 168 to 34-Herald Square w/ extra service to replace B service.

(E) trains run a little less service from Jamiaca Center to 34th/Penn.

(B) suspended.

(D) trains run in two sections, 205(Bx Local) to 34-HSQ and 57th-7th Ave BMT to Bay Pkwy (B'way Express)

(F) trains run from Jay-Metro Tech to Ave X

(M) trains run from Jamaica-179 to 34-HSQ via 63.

(J) extended to Chambers

(M) trains run in two sections, Metro Ave to B'way-Lafyette

(Z) suspended.

(N) run via West End and terminate at King's Hwy.

(Q) trains run from 71st Avenue IND to Kings Hwy using Jamaica's R46's.

(R) trains run from 95th to Jay-Metrotech

(L) trains run from 14-USQ to Canarsie

(G) runs limited service.

There was a thread about shuttle buses connecting the (L) to the (J)(M)(Z), but apparently it was deleted when I tried to reply. In any case, I'll just post it up here, for the hell of it. (You never know if somebody is just browsing, looking for information)

You can use the Brooklyn Bus map to help find the buses that connect the (L) to the (J)(M)(Z)

For Bedford Avenue, take the B62 to Marcy Avenue/Broadway

For Lorimer Street, take the B48 to Lorimer Street/Broadway or the B24 to Marcy Avennue/Broadway

For Graham Avenue, take the B43 to Flushing Avenue/Broadway or the B24 to Marcy Avenue/Broadway

For Grand Avenue, take the Q54/Q59 to Marcy Avenue/Broadway

For Montrose Avenue & Morgan Avenue, take the B60 to Marcy Avenue/Broadway

For Jefferson Street, take the B57 to Flushing Avenue/Broadway

For DeKalb Avenue, take the B13 to Myrtle Avenue for the (M), or take the B38 to Kosciusko Street/Broadway for the (J)

For Halsey Street, take the B26 to Myrtle Avenue for the (M) or Halsey Street/Broadway for the (J)

For Wilson Avenue, take the B60 to Broadway for the (J)

For Bushwick Avenue/Aberdeen Street, just walk over to the (J)

Keep in mind that the B62 also goes into Queens, so you can catch the (7) at Jackson Avenue, or the (N)(Q) at Queensboro Plaza. That might help you avoid the crowds on the B62 going towards the (J)(M)(Z). You can also walk to Marcy. I mean, it's not too long a walk, and with the extra crowding, it would likely take the same amount of time as waiting for the B62.

Yeah, I know I'm bored. :P

@Quill Depot: I'm pretty sure the MTA said the (L) & (G) won't be back until sometime next week.

I can tell you, from my grandmother and her friends point of view on the Q train suspension..they don't care really. They have the Chinese vans if necessary anyway. I'm Asian for people forgetting.

Here is some service I'll change/add for Monday assuming power is out in some locations and assuming Christine Street+F Tunnel for B division.

(A) trains run in two sections, 207 to 34/Penn and Jay/MetroTech to Lefferts(via local in Brooklyn and Queens)

(C) trains run from 168 to 34-Herald Square w/ extra service to replace B service.

(E) trains run a little less service from Jamiaca Center to 34th/Penn.

(B) suspended.

(D) trains run in two sections, 205(Bx Local) to 34-HSQ and 57th-7th Ave BMT to Bay Pkwy (B'way Express)

(F) trains run from Jay-Metro Tech to Ave X

(M) trains run from Jamaica-179 to 34-HSQ via 63.

(J) extended to Chambers

(M) trains run in two sections, Metro Ave to B'way-Lafyette

(Z) suspended.

(N) run via West End and terminate at King's Hwy.

(Q) trains run from 71st Avenue IND to Kings Hwy using Jamaica's R46's.

(R) trains run from 95th to Jay-Metrotech

(L) trains run from 14-USQ to Canarsie

(G) runs limited service.

Where you heard this?

I don't think the (1) would turn around at 14th, that would cause the whole entire 7th ave line to be backed up due to the crossing of the (1) at time sq and the crossing the 2 and 3's at times sq, it would just make sense to run the (1) to new lots and the (3) to 14th to save the trouble of messing up a railroad, or just have the (3) not run at all and have the (1) turn at 14th with the (2) being local from 96th to chambers and have the (4) run to New Lots all times, the (1) to new lots would save alot of time, its not speaking like a foamer, its just common sense because of the layout of the (1), (2) and (3) on the 7th ave line and all the swicthing between all 3 lines south of times sq

Thats what I heard on Friday about the future of (1) service, nothing set in stone or nothing officially confirmed. Im also aware of the problems of switching the (1)(2) and (3) from local to express and such, though I dont get this fixation with sending the (1) to New Lots.

Guys, seriously. This is not the time and place for this crap. There are other threads here where you can live out your transit fantasies. Leave this thread for the actual FACTS please. And if you DON'T KNOW what's going on, don't post your GUESSES. I don't know where in the hell Quill Depot pulled that list from, but it certainly didn't come from the MTA, and it just smells of fantasy. I'm not gonna tell the moderators how to mod, but posts like that are just inappropriate for this thread.

Tonight the (5) suffered some crew issues, and we temporarily had to go back to doing split shuttle service because we just simply didn't have enough crews to maintain full service between Dyre and Flatbush (remember that we only have enough Saturday crews for doing Bowling Green service). Half of the 2's midnight crew are getting sent over to Dyre in order to maintain service again, and many of the PM crews are racking in the OT for haivng to do an extra trip. Most of you seem to be forgetting that you actually need the CREWS to run this extra service. This is just one of the MANY reasons that you won't be seeing any (1)'s to New Lots. SO DROP IT. *NOW*.

Archived