Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know the status of the 53rd street tube? Queens blvd service has been frustrating with no express. Can't even get on a train weekday am at 46.

That said, I'm really impressed with the progress made so far, and this board might be the most comprehensive news out there.

Anybody know the status of the 53rd street tube? Queens blvd service has been frustrating with no express. Can't even get on a train weekday am at 46.

That said, I'm really impressed with the progress made so far, and this board might be the most comprehensive news out there.

There was flooding in that tube as well i dont know the status for Monday..

Damn, what the hell did I just miss here? Lol. Well thank god the 4,5 will be running again for the Monday commute. Lol, lets hope no r62s are still on the 4 or we'll be getting an earful from the usual suspects here...

"Reading is fundamental"

I was at Brooklyn a while ago and I saw (Q) and (R) turning at Jay Street-Metrotech. You mean the (Q) is back to Manhattan via bridge?

It's going over the bridge. I hopped on a (Q) at DeKalb Avenue and just got off at Broadway (in Astoria).

Question about (M) train service? Do you all believe that the (M) train is going to be more crowded in Brooklyn and western Queens until (L) train service resumes and will there be overnight service in Manhattan and along Queens Blvd until (E) train resumes.

The (M) would definitely get more crowded. The question is how much? How many people will forego traveling into Manhattan until the (L) is up and running?

As for overnight service, well, it's definitely going to happen until the (E) resumes because you need something to serve Jamaica Center (I mean, that's what they've been doing the past few days). After that is anybody's guess. (I mean, by the time they get the (E) up, they could get the (L) up too).

if the (E) doesn't return tomorrow (it most likely will) but if it doesn't they might have to borrow some equipment off the (J) line or (C) Line to handle the crowds, The MTA said the (C) TBA (to Be Announced) so who knows, and i did see about 8 trainsets of R46's on the exp tracks btwn Suphtin and north of Van wyck and btwn Union Turnpike and 75th ave signed up as (F), so i doubt the (R) will return tomorrow as well (but who knows) im just saying, from what ive seen, we will find out tomorrow

But No Doubt the (M) and (J) lines will be packed full of (L) riders and the B62 will be packed full of (G) riders unless they add shuttle buses or extra B62's from different depots, like they did with the M103 2 days ago

The (N) is running Astoria to 59th Street in Brooklyn. What I don't get is---why not just run the (N) to 95th Street and suspend (R) service? (Only one stop would be affected - Jay Street-MetroTech.)

As for the (G), I don't understand why it is not running.

The Tubes between Greenpoint and 21st street got flooded as well, and they are gonna pump it out after they are done with everything else

Service to/from Rector will be in effect 5am-9pm beginning tomorrow. Signals in the loop are still dark so we are doing an absolute block. DO NOT attempt to railfan the loop, we are ordered to remove any and all people at Rector. Service will get cut back to 14 overnight in order to do repairs.

Now that the (E) is restored to Jamaica Center, and the (M) is cut back to Continental, does anyone know if express service is going to come back to the (E) and (F) tomorrow?

I know the Montague tube was flooded pretty badly, and I'm assuming Whitehall is a mess, but theoretically couldn't they turn the (R) at Canal Street or City Hall?

(E)(F)(M)(R) back on queens blvd. would make for a very happy monday. (E) and (F) express with only (M) local on 10 min headways, on the other hand, would be, uh, non-optimal.

Thoughts? Anyone have any info on this stuff or the condition of Whitehall/Montague at this point?

Serious thanks to all those with the inside info sharing with the rest of us! :D

Now that the (E) is restored to Jamaica Center, and the (M) is cut back to Continental, does anyone know if express service is going to come back to the (E) and (F) tomorrow?

I know the Montague tube was flooded pretty badly, and I'm assuming Whitehall is a mess, but theoretically couldn't they turn the (R) at Canal Street or City Hall?

(E)(F)(M)(R) back on queens blvd. would make for a very happy monday. (E) and (F) express with only (M) local on 10 min headways, on the other hand, would be, uh, non-optimal.

Thoughts? Anyone have any info on this stuff or the condition of Whitehall/Montague at this point?

Serious thanks to all those with the inside info sharing with the rest of us! :D

if the (R) doesn't run still, the (E),(F) and (M) might have to run local or just the (E) and (M), there are extra R46's layed up signed up for the (F) so i assume if the (R) is still out the (F)/(M) will make local stops while the (E) runs Exp

At the risk of Snowblock having a stroke, for whatever reason the MTA website says the (1) train is running "242nd St - 14th Street (Coney Island)" this evening.

Who writes this stuff?

On a serious note, are any lines going to actually run their full weekday schedule or is there still going to be "limited service" on every single line?

I would otherwise mess with Tripplanner to get a sense, but all the MTA direct links redirect to the post-Sandy homepage.

Archived