Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q is running from kings Highway to Atlantic Av.

Well its something I guess. Why NO train goes all the way to Coney Island is a goddamn mystery. Its not like Coney Island is a burrowed station that got flooded.

NO Power at the station so maybe that has something to do with it?

Q is running from kings Highway to Atlantic Av.

Well its something I guess. Why NO train goes all the way to Coney Island is a goddamn mystery. Its not like Coney Island is a burrowed station that got flooded.

Maybe station damage. Maybe no power in the area......

Guys be grateful that as of this morning (11/4/12)that now about 60% of NYC subway service is now back on. Just ask your brothers/sisters in parts of LI, NJ shore and even Staten Island without electric service and or heat would they take their service back. Keep in mind guys a day after the storm, Gov. Cuomo stated that the entire subway network could had been out for 2 weeks.

I know that I'm grateful they've got as much of the system back up and running as they have over these past four days. It's great to hear that the (F) is back up and running between 179th and Avenue X. With the (F) running below 34th again, the only thing I'll have to plan for tomorrow morning is how much earlier to leave (unless the (R) is back in service in Queens tonight or tomorrow and then I can just take that to Lexington/59th for the (4) or (5) ). The transfer to the (6) at Broadway-Lafayette is a pretty easy one.

Interestingly, the updated maps from today and yesterday have a Q printed below the Broadway Local station names between 34th and Canal Streets.

The Rockaways will get Subway shuttle service...

Cuomo also added that the MTA would be bringing in subway cars by flat bed truck to restore subway service to the Rockaways. The Rockaways bridge is still out, but Cuomo said there would be a bus shuttle.

http://transportatio...ormal-tomorrow/

Video of Press conference @ 06:20..... http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/7919830-gov-cuomo-local-leaders-hold-news-conference/

I guess you just ignored the post about no power in the station huh?

Nobody here wants to listen to those of us who actually know what's going on. How many posters insisted that the (1) would be sent to New Lots instead of 14 St, after I told them over and and over that it isn't the case? And now, look at that - (1) to 14 St! IMPOSSIBLE! Next thing I know, everybody's going to start insisting that the (D) is going to run to Far Rockaway with R160s.......

Interestingly, the updated maps from today and yesterday have a Q printed below the Broadway Local station names between 34th and Canal Streets.

I have a feeling that the (Q) might be restored to Astoria tomorrow as a Broadway Local. (The (N) shuttle sure as hell needs more support...)

The map is wrong in some places on the IRT. Some of the service patterns depicted are physically impossible to run. (the 4/5 are NOT stopping at Hoyt.)

I don't know what precisely is happening, but I highly suspect the 1 is express while the 2/3 are local. Turning the 1 at 14th while the 2 and 3 are running through on the express would be an incredible mess.

I don't know what precisely is happening, but I highly suspect the 1 is express while the 2/3 are local. Turning the 1 at 14th while the 2 and 3 are running through on the express would be an incredible mess.

I would hope so, after seeing the mess they had at 6th Ave 34th St, relaying on all 4 tracks I believe.

Either way, you're still gonna have the 1 and 2/3 crossing in front of each other. It's either gonna be north of 96, south of 42, or north of 14. When we usually run this GO, the swap is south of 42 during the day, and north of 14 when the 3 stops running to Brooklyn.

Nobody here wants to listen to those of us who actually know what's going on. How many posters insisted that the (1) would be sent to New Lots instead of 14 St, after I told them over and and over that it isn't the case? And now, look at that - (1) to 14 St! IMPOSSIBLE! Next thing I know, everybody's going to start insisting that the (D) is going to run to Far Rockaway with R160s.......

But "nobody here" knows who works for the MTA. I understand the need for anonymity to protect your job.

Archived