Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The map is wrong in some places on the IRT. Some of the service patterns depicted are physically impossible to run. (the 4/5 are NOT stopping at Hoyt.)

I don't know what precisely is happening, but I highly suspect the 1 is express while the 2/3 are local. Turning the 1 at 14th while the 2 and 3 are running through on the express would be an incredible mess.

Also I believe the 4 is back to normal in Brooklyn.Terminating at Utica and express in Brooklyn.

Service Change Posted: 11/04/2012 1:09PM

(Q) trains operate between the Kings Highway Station and the Jay Street-MetroTech Station in both directions.

How is that possible ? How can a Q get to Jay st-Metrotech ?

Somebody wrote when I joined that those titles are based on the number of posts or how long you've been on the board and has nothing to do with occupation

You NEED to look again!

This isnt Facebook where The Silly Kids with the Fake RTO profiles run rampant...

You NEED to look again!

This isnt Facebook where The Silly Kids with the Fake RTO profiles run rampant...

I looked what it said. You don't have to scream. Who puts in those titles and who verifies that the titles are correct?

I looked what it said. You don't have to scream. Who puts in those titles and who verifies that the titles are correct?

CDTA is right. For the newer members like Nostalgia, there members from the (MTA) and NJ Transit. So this is what makes this site so great as that can answer questions/comments first and give scoops before the local media can such as NY1 and NY Daily News.

CDTA is right. For the newer members like Nostalgia, there members from the (MTA) and NJ Transit. So this is what makes this site so great as that can answer questions/comments first and give scoops before the local media can such as NY1 and NY Daily News.

Then who puts in the titles "Veteran Member," "Senior Member" and "Contributor" and what are the parameters?

It seems some people forget that there are new members who don't know that the title "bus operator" and " train operator" have significance even though the profile name may have nothing to do with transit.

What is transparent to some people is dark to others.

Then who puts in the titles "Veteran Member," "Senior Member" and "Contributor" and what are the parameters?

I think it's just based on how long you've been here. Contributor means you either gave money to the forum, or you gave something beneficial to the members (like Gorgor's schedule creator, or some of the members who make the bus destination signs and so on)

It seems some people forget that there are new members who don't know that the title "bus operator" and " train operator" have significance even though the profile name may have nothing to do with transit.

What is transparent to some people is dark to others.

Nostalgia sorry if i sound rude but please if any more questions/comments about the board please go to the forum news & Feedback thread. Lets try to return to the post Sandy resuming of subway service. Thanks

Nostalgia sorry if i sound rude but please if any more questions/comments about the board please go to the forum news & Feedback thread. Lets try to return to the post Sandy resuming of subway service. Thanks

Or said poster can just Message one of you folks and not go off topic with something i find rather simple, im sure you would help the poster out.

Or said poster can just Message one of you folks and not go off topic with something i find rather simple, im sure you would help the poster out.

Sure he can. Harry, Dante(East NY) and the others admin/mods like myself would be happy to answer his PM"s about the boards itself.

Just trying to keep the focus on this topic on Post Sandy news/comments and again sorry if I seem rude to him.

Somebody wrote when I joined that those titles are based on the number of posts or how long you've been on the board and has nothing to do with occupation

You think it says Train Conductor under my name because of the number of posts I've made?????? How cute!

Archived