Hurricane Sandy: Before and After the Storm: Subway service

Harry

Shuttle buses in the morning didnt plan out so well....

With no power or subway service in Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn residents had to rely on buses to get into the city.

Thousands of frustrated Brooklynites circled the brand-new Barclays Center and waited hours to board Manhattan-bound buses.

With such huge crowds, some bus operators picked up passengers at the back of lines, just to get some people rolling -- to the anger of commuters in the front of line.

http://www.nypost.co...Qpjbls1tVzWAGuL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe earlier, it all depends how much repair work they have to do on other lines. Bring ballast, tamp it, align track, system testing - in two month's time they should be able to do it.

That damage looks way more than two months to me.

2 months is about when they should have the cleanup done.

Actually, you underestimate the ability of the MTA...

I refer to the 1950's Astor Place flood. That was repaired in a week. Tracks were literally sinking into the roadbeds, and you can bet signal equipment was damaged as well.

I say 7 weeks, tops.

November 1st map revision show Queens Blvd (M) line run local from Jamaica Center and 34 Street-Hearld Square....Plus corrections on The Bronx side where there is 5 train service running from the October 31st map; which it is not right now.

link: http://www.mta.info/...RecoveryMap.pdf

Next revision is tomorrow, November 2nd for the (7) train service Main St and 74 St-Broadway.

Actually, you underestimate the ability of the MTA...

I refer to the 1950's Astor Place flood. That was repaired in a week. Tracks were literally sinking into the roadbeds, and you can bet signal equipment was damaged as well.

I say 7 weeks, tops.

Was the Astor Place Flooding fresh or salt water?

Their estimate is(From what i was told) 8 months due to the salt water damage and the winter coming up...

Not to mention you folks are only SEEING what they want you to see..

November 1st map revision show Queens Blvd (M) line run local from Jamaica Center and 34 Street-Hearld Square....Plus corrections on The Bronx side where there is 5 train service running from the October 31st map; which it is not right now.

link: http://www.mta.info/...RecoveryMap.pdf

Next revision is tomorrow, November 2nd for the (7) train service Main St and 74 St-Broadway.

What good does the (7) to 74 do? The (F)(M) will be full long before that. Why can't an (E) go to Port Authority to help and let the (M) start at 71st so the people not in Jamaica can get a train.

What good does the (7) to 74 do? The (F)(M) will be full long before that. Why can't an (E) go to Port Authority to help and let the (M) start at 71st so the people not in Jamaica can get a train.

Ugh, there's a reason why the (E) is suspended.

Would you rather Eastern Queens be shut down, entirely?

It's almost to the same effect why the (L) is going to Broadway Junction. Connect with the (A) and the (J) westward. I'm glad the (M) is operating as a supplement to the (F)

The Echo can't run to Port Authority because the 53rd Street tubes are closed. Why do you think the M is running via 63rd Street?

Was the Astor Place Flooding fresh or salt water?

Their estimate is(From what i was told) 8 months due to the salt water damage and the winter coming up...

Not to mention you folks are only SEEING what they want you to see..

Depending on any other storms that come, we still have another storm brewing plus any snowstorms that hit us. I say 1 year

Archived