New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other day, I was at Jersey Gardens waiting for the 111 to PABT. The line was so long that I had to wait for 3 buses to come before I could get on one. Anyway, I had a strange feeling that a NABI would show up on the 111, and sure enough, 5731 showed up and took me home.

The other day, I was at Jersey Gardens waiting for the 111 to PABT. The line was so long that I had to wait for 3 buses to come before I could get on one. Anyway, I had a strange feeling that a NABI would show up on the 111, and sure enough, 5731 showed up and took me home.

It happens often now especially with the situation at Howell.

My rule at Jersey Gardens, wait on line 30 minutes-an hour prior to the arrival of the 111.

Wow...They could at least sent a nabi suburban..

And I thought commuters were a**holes before.....

6cf1186c1809060916fd10d39f5ea962_zpsacdc

Seeing things like this is the reason why I say that these people need to cut the whining and fussing over NJT being late or inconvenient. Why? Because they don't know how to properly complain, and by that, I mean they need to quit being so stuck up and self-entitled about it. NJT is a TA operating in the NYC Tri-State area, in a state where the Governor couldn't give two s**ts about mass transit. Start taking your complaints to him instead of whining to NJT over some little s**t, and then getting mad when you get a reason why you were late along with an apology. They're just doing their jobs and the whining from these spoiled ass people is really unnecessary. They need to realize that they have it better than other TAs in this country. They get coach buses, and double decker trains so to say NJT sucks just because their OTP isn't the best makes these people sound like a bunch of children. Rant over.

Edited by Transitkid4608

To be fair their local buses have a hard time keeping the schedule even in middlesex county to an extent. But not as bad as NYC bound lines but the hourly service makes it feel worse. But 553 guy has a point. Besides a infrequent visitor to NJ vs a daily rider it's obvious who they will listen to. That much I understand.

That day (I think it was Saturday... maybe Sunday, can't remember), the control center kept announcing they needed help with overcrowding at Jersey Gardens, calling for "operators from all garages"... if I was finished with my work I would've jumped on that, even though I don't "know" the 111, I know where Jersey Gardens is, and I know where the Port is lol!  I'm assuming it was just load and go at the Gardens and straight to the Port.