R188 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed alot of the New R188s LCD signs have been going black. This is very common with the new sets. Do they plan on fixing it soon?

I have only noticed that on one set.. 7844-7854. The black LCD signs are a consistent problem on that set, and they actually still run it. That set is run wayyy too much in my opinion... They didn't even bother fixing the problems on that set yet. The problems on that set have been occurring for over a week. I don't get why they still run that set like every day..... On other sets (it rarely happens on other sets), the problems usually get fixed within a day or two.

Saw it at the 52nd street curve. Could have been a 6 car set, But I was able to see one of the number plates

Mmmmmmmaybe, cuz I saw an 8 car conversion set at Coney Island Yard last week. Might be a new train/converted delivered via the (N) at QnsBoro .

How are they gonna take the R62As on the (7) to the (6)? I don't think there is a connection. Then again, the (7) isn't connected to any line at all, except the Astoria Line. And did the R188s on the (6) for testing and the converted R142As on the (6) get onto the (7)?

How are they gonna take the R62As on the (7) to the (6)? I don't think there is a connection. Then again, the (7) isn't connected to any line at all, except the Astoria Line. And did the R188s on the (6) for testing and the converted R142As on the (6) get onto the (7)?

They do the transfer by switching to the N line at QB plaza, to Atlantic Ave up the D line to Concourse to the 4 line to 125th street to the 6. And the 188 tested on the 7 mostly, as well as sea beach, Dyre and the Rockaways.

They do the transfer by switching to the N line at QB plaza, to Atlantic Ave up the D line to Concourse to the 4 line to 125th street to the 6. And the 188 tested on the 7 mostly, as well as sea beach, Dyre and the Rockaways.

Oh. Forgot that the Concourse Yard is connected to both the (D) and (4).

Great video!

Thanks! 

I think one of the converted sets broke down yesterday. On the way home last night there was a disabled train on the local track at 69th street and it looks like a 72xx set sitting there.

Wow. That's not good. These conversion sets are not looking so great. What exactly happens when they brake down? I've never seen a train brake down before.

Thanks!

Wow. That's not good. These conversion sets are not looking so great. What exactly happens when they brake down? I've never seen a train brake down before.

Are you new?

And I saw a set that is with SHARPIE <_< !

Come on, Corona! aka Home of The <7> !

Thanks! 

Westchester Yard Really beat the R142A's up badly... shouldn't be much of a surprise but still good thing those remaining sets after the swaps are going to the (4)