MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

Too many rides on the B1 and B64 with terrible suspensions and screeching brakes.

you're wrong about 80% you probably have like 6 months on the jobbu

about 1 in 100 driver will miss a rts. They were good buses 20 years ago but now they all need to be retired.

But yet the stats show that the Orion 7 CNGs and D60HFs are performing worse then those buses...

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you're wrong about 80% you probably have like 6 months on the jobbu

How am I wrong... I dont know what depot you're from, but I know where I'm a large amount of operators try to stay away from the RTS especially on rainy days. Yes those buses are powerful and probably easy to repair, but for operators who are 6ft tall and up the operator compartment is not very pleasant. When you kneel the RTS, sometime it doesn't come back up unless you shut the engine off and restart it back to try to raise the bus back up. Passengers with knee, Hips and Back problems especially the elderly conplains when they try to walk up the front steps. I even had a few passengers sometimes would wait for the next bus behind instead of boarding on my bus when I have an RTS.

If I'm not wrong, ENY, FB and Ulmer park are receiving RTS from Queens for an exchage of new buses only due tpassengers conplaints involving with the RTS.

Now with these new buses especially being low floors, they are much easier and comfortable.

How am I wrong... I dont know what depot you're from, but I know where I'm a large amount of operators try to stay away from the RTS especially on rainy days. Yes those buses are powerful and probably easy to repair, but for operators who are 6ft tall and up the operator compartment is not very pleasant. When you kneel the RTS, sometime it doesn't come back up unless you shut the engine off and restart it back to try to raise the bus back up. Passengers with knee, Hips and Back problems especially the elderly conplains when they try to walk up the front steps. I even had a few passengers sometimes would wait for the next bus behind instead of boarding on my bus when I have an RTS.

If I'm not wrong, ENY, FB and Ulmer park are receiving RTS from Queens for an exchage of new buses only due tpassengers conplaints involving with the RTS.

Now with these new buses especially being low floors, they are much easier and comfortable.

You are pretty accurate with ENY to Jamaica swap. However, FB and Ulmer Park haven't received any swapping of RTS as of late. The RTS Grand Avenue sent over to Flatbush went to the chop shop on reserve. Not certain if they are be chopped.

So basically all the D60s (5252-5509) have been officially retired. but these numbers will be back as newbies

Almost all of those numbers have been assigned to already existing units. 5253-5363 were placed on 2012-13 Nova LFSA's, 5364-5438 were placed on the MTA Bus XD60's and 5439 onwards are being used on the upcoming Nova LFSA order.

• 1 month later...