ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

12 hours ago, Brytstar said:

🥺I’ve been mentally prepared to leave my job by September. So anxious to leave, list number 137x here. Looks like I might have to wait longer. Was looking forward to leaving my job already.

Man, I been with my job 12 years and I just retired from it, I’m taking this time to travel now with my fiancé cause I know once I start the mta it’s gonna be a minute before I get to travel. This process has been slow as hell but I know eventually I will be called, I have no issues so once I get called it should be a smooth process, I can’t do a job with no pension anymore, they just took a vote for the second time for a union and it failed for the second time, very disappointing, so I had a chance to retire from my job and I took it. I’m taking a big leap but sometimes you have to take a Chance in life! I’m so ready for the MTA to be my life long job.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, adam223 said:

medical was good, didnt have any problems. i thought i would since my bmi is slightly over 35, but my neck size is 16.5, and the doc said im good.

we wouldve known by now if there will be a sept class. and there wouldve been more PE. correct me if im wrong, but PE stopped in the 1300s, so im guessing they're done hiring T/Os for the year.

FWIW 

I’m a 161* and I did my 2nd PE on 6/28/19

Good Luck  !

On 7/26/2019 at 1:08 PM, adam223 said:

you sure about the button down shirts? i have a few friends that wore polo shirts and they said it was fine. maybe it depends on ur instructor.

one thing you'll learn in mta, everyone will say something different

3 minutes ago, nipaaaa said:

one thing you'll learn in mta, everyone will say something different

Yup I agree wear what they tell you to wear, because if the director comes into the gym and sees you guys/gals wearing something different.... he's strict and means business. Please guys/gals just follow the rules and what the green paper says. Go through school car pass all your exams which I know all of you will because I believe in each and everyone of you and get the job. And then live happily ever after.

well, it's official. 

I have been declined employment. not because of weight or drug screening but because of an unfortunate rule.
i'm referring to Rule 4.7.1 (c) that states:

(c) Appointment or promotion from an established eligible list to a position in the competitive class shall be made by the selection of one of the three persons certified by the commissioner of citywide administrative services or the head of the certifying agency, as the case may be, as standing highest on such established list who are qualified and willing to accept such appointment or promotion. Where applicable, such selection shall be made as provided for in paragraph 4.4.12 of these rules.

(Source) 

I'm really disappointed and receiving the letter stating so was a real bummer. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this forums. It's been a blast. I wish you all the best.

Best regards,
List number 98x 

5 minutes ago, Operator Ace said:

well, it's official. 

I have been declined employment. not because of weight or drug screening but because of an unfortunate rule.

(Source) 

I'm really disappointed and receiving the letter stating so was a real bummer. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this forums. It's been a blast. I wish you all the best.

Best regards,
List number 98x 

That sucks. Somebody else on here said u can call and have your name reinstated at a later date, but idk how true that is. That rule is so stupid. 

3 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

That sucks. Somebody else on here said u can call and have your name reinstated at a later date, but idk how true that is. That rule is so stupid. 

the letter states re-certification is at the agency's request. I have a few contacts in the MTA who may be able to share some more info with me. If anything changes i'll be sure to update you guys, but for right now.. looks like it's a big RIP for me

8 hours ago, Operator Ace said:

the letter states re-certification is at the agency's request. I have a few contacts in the MTA who may be able to share some more info with me. If anything changes i'll be sure to update you guys, but for right now.. looks like it's a big RIP for me

Things happen for reason.  

Do your best to appeal if you have the desire to, but don't be too disappointed.  This is tough job that will take a toll on you. 

When one door closes, another will open.  If I had to do it all over again, I'm not sure I would.  

1 minute ago, Productions27 said:

Anyone know the boots or shoes needed for T/O off the web-page provided for training ? 

When u get sworn in u will get a website where u order them from. U get a free pair I think every year or 2 years not sure. 

39 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

When u get sworn in u will get a website where u order them from. U get a free pair I think every year or 2 years not sure. 

Yes, I know, I am on the website, the green paper does not specify which kind of boots one needs. It just provides the link and the instructions.

21 minutes ago, Productions27 said:

Yes, I know, I am on the website, the green paper does not specify which kind of boots one needs. It just provides the link and the instructions.

Oh you can pick any of them. Those all fill the requirements, it's just a matter of preference. 

26 minutes ago, Productions27 said:

I chose the rockports since most folks gave that some good reviews and states its comfortable. 

Shirts, I was thinking golf polo’s (sweat wicked) since I sweat like no tomorrow. It all depends on what our instructors mention since a member here recently said they’re changing the short sleeve polo policy.

are they picky with what shade of grey for shirts and blue for pants, Light/Dark? Any recommendations for pants?

23 minutes ago, MTAHopeful813 said:

I chose the rockports since most folks gave that some good reviews and states its comfortable. 

Shirts, I was thinking golf polo’s (sweat wicked) since I sweat like no tomorrow. It all depends on what our instructors mention since a member here recently said they’re changing the short sleeve polo policy.

are they picky with what shade of grey for shirts and blue for pants, Light/Dark? Any recommendations for pants?

Thank you 

On 7/27/2019 at 6:08 PM, Operator Ace said:

well, it's official. 

(Source) 

Best regards,
List number 98x 

Any crazy arrests? Bad driving records? Bad employment history? Something had to of happen for them to choose this rule against you. That's just my opinion because i know people on the job with with bad records and they still were able to get on.

well, it's official. 

(Source) 

Best regards,
List number 98x 

Did they give any other details? if you qualify why would they not appoint you?

well, it's official. 

(Source) 

Best regards,
List number 98x 

Welp me too. I appealed twice. So now I have to contemplate on whether to file an article 78. I have three months to file.

I finally got my test results back and going to head back to 180 L in the morning. But just out of curiosity, how late does the MTA HR stay open? Just wondering if I could've just went back right now.

I hope there's still spots in the August class...

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

I finally got my test results back and going to head back to 180 L in the morning. But just out of curiosity, how late does the MTA HR stay open? Just wondering if I could've just went back right now.

I hope there's still spots in the August class...

There's room for you. I think medicals are scheduled for the rest of the week. Hopefully you'll get sworn in with me. I have a medical tomorrow.