New York City Subway car listing

Calvin

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, R68OnBroadway said:

Why do they keep them around?

probably just long term storage. 389 is sitting dead in CI yard along with R32 pair 3786-87 which is stripped and vandalized.

the 44 pair in question at CI is 5286-89 which were just leftover remaining cars from the R44 scrapping spree during 2012-13. there are also a handful of old R17s R21s and R22s that are also in the yard (part of the continuous welded rail work train i believe) that are also retired and are awaiting scrap. 

20 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

probably just long term storage. 389 is sitting dead in CI yard along with R32 pair 3786-87 which is stripped and vandalized.

the 44 pair in question at CI is 5286-89 which were just leftover remaining cars from the R44 scrapping spree during 2012-13. there are also a handful of old R17s R21s and R22s that are also in the yard (part of the continuous welded rail work train i believe) that are also retired and are awaiting scrap. 

Any reason why they are still there? I know those IRT cars were used for offices in yards up until about 5 years ago, but why are four random cars just sitting at CI? Were they slated for preservation at some point? Are their parts cannibalized for SIR cars?  

On 2/13/2020 at 6:59 PM, R68OnBroadway said:

Any reason why they are still there? I know those IRT cars were used for offices in yards up until about 5 years ago, but why are four random cars just sitting at CI? Were they slated for preservation at some point? Are their parts cannibalized for SIR cars?  

There are "dead" subway cars all over the property and have been there in times for decades.  What is the big deal?????:wacko:

1 hour ago, m2fwannabe said:

There are "dead" subway cars all over the property and have been there in times for decades.  What is the big deal?????:wacko:

Unlike the other dead cars, these were never used for work service or something similar so it seems odd to me that there are just 4 R44s left sitting there as if they forgot to scrap them.

6 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

@m2fwannabe any word on when the recently mothballed (and retired) R32s will be trucked out to sims metal?

Supposed to be a big dump this spring.  Something like four a day most (two round trips) unless somewhere another trucking contractor show up suddenly (from somewhere?).

Up to youz all to keep your eyes open.

106 R-32s still breathing (live).  That WAS the Planning Dept quantity before the R-179s were delivered thru the R-211 beginning.  Now maybe we know which 106?

As of now its still doesn't like this February 7 Car Assignment is taking place.  That's also showing 70 R-32s on the (A) (not zero anywhere I can find).  Its about the same quantity as on the (C) when they use their usual 8 or 9 trains, which they generally do!  The 70 on the (A) is also gonna make those get more and faster wear and tear, too.

1 hour ago, m2fwannabe said:

106 R-32s still breathing (live).  That WAS the Planning Dept quantity before the R-179s were delivered thru the R-211 beginning.  Now maybe we know which 106?

As of now its still doesn't like this February 7 Car Assignment is taking place.  That's also showing 70 R-32s on the (A) (not zero anywhere I can find).  Its about the same quantity as on the (C) when they use their usual 8 or 9 trains, which they generally do!  The 70 on the (A) is also gonna make those get more and faster wear and tear, too.

How? The (C) runs the same exact number of trainsets all day and evening long except for one that gets taken out of service after the AM Rush or after Midday, while all other lines vary across the day. The R32s are only gonna be used as put-ins and limited runs on the (A) as needed, just like they did with the 50 R42s for the (J)(Z).

I disagree.

11 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

there have been a few 46s on the (C) so far that ran over the past few days. as for the (A) there's only been a few 32s on it so far.

btw at 207 Street there are several tracks completely filled up with retired/mothballed R32s however most of them still appear intact. couldn't find any pairs that were noticeably gutted out for parts. 

on another note, 3786-87 (though OOS for over 10 years) has also been stripped of parts.

after doing a bit of intricate looking: 

3376-77, 3442-43, 3446-47, 3500-01, 3718-19, 3818-19, 3444-3777, 3628-3669, 3864-65 retired (not shown on the recent TTMG yard roster update). 

3610-11 however is still listed as active according to the roster unless that is an error. 

32 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

after doing a bit of intricate looking: 

3376-77, 3442-43, 3446-47, 3500-01, 3718-19, 3818-19, 3444-37773628-3669, 3864-65 retired (not shown on the recent TTMG yard roster update). 

3610-11 however is still listed as active according to the roster unless that is an error. 

Last time TTMG posted their roster, back in December, it said 210, while 215 cars were listed. They were missing three whole pairs, one of the three are still in-service today. This was before any cars were retired, so they weren’t reactivated.

I counted the cars from the new roster, and I believe it adds up to 101 cars (should be 102, since they forgot one car from a mixed pair). Based on the last time, I’m not going to count on the TTMG roster. Also it list 5870-77 still at Pitkin, when it moved to Jamaica, then Coney Island already..... Along with other errors. It’s possible they forgot some pairs, along with adding pairs that are actually retired. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SimplyMyself