MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, let's see. You SHOULD already know BUT it's worth mentioning. JFK is replacing their Orion 05.501 buses by having (or in some cases BORROWING) Hybrids from other depots. When I was in the city this past Tuesday, every Orion 05.501 I saw from JFK was about to "drop-dead". Also, there's a shortage of buses since the D.O.B. is retiring buses too fast (in my opinion). Once these NEW bus orders start rolling in, you will start to see a major shake-up.

Besides, it's LaGuardia and I think the MTA would want to keep the Hybrids around MUCH longer than let's say a 1996 NovaBus?

I was on 5953 not too long ago and there was a hole in the flooring, you could see daylight out of it.

4832 was out in service on Hillside today. These are rolling in faster than the Novas were

Because theres a delay , these buses should of been here damn near 3 months ago . The xcelsiors , the new c40s & the orion 3g's . They are having a big safety issue with the orion 3g's so those will be late . The new c40's should of been here in july-august .

I don't know if this was posted but 1289 is back at 126th street.

If u scroll up you will see that I posted that 1289 and 1287 are back so far. 5694 and 5695 were still here as of yesterday. I'm not sure if they went back this morning or not.

9085 at WF.. Spotted on Morris Park Ave Bx21.

still has a BK bus map. It appeared it came from UP.

9085 has been at west farms since the summer time . It did come from ulmer park along with 8910 , 9100 , 8798 , 8888 , 8758 , 8985 & 8986 , 9083 , 9185 & 9301 . All of those went to wf within the last 5 months .

9085 has been at west farms since the summer time . It did come from ulmer park along with 8910 , 9100 , 8798 , 8888 , 8758 , 8985 & 8986 , 9083 , 9185 & 9301 . All of those went to wf within the last 5 months .

Yeah, all but #8758 came from UP. That one came from QV (being a UP turned QV bus after being a loaner) along w/#8820 which went there a month or two ago.

Yeah, all but #8758 came from UP. That one came from QV (being a UP turned QV bus after being a loaner) along w/#8820 which went there a month or two ago.

Yup , it was supposed to be scrapped but they changed their minds and qv had it as a loaner & now its @ wf .

Ok Here is the numbers for the CP orion V CNG's at LIB, 9862,9883 (this one was signed up as N20),9912,9922 and 9926 I know theres others and i did see others but they were too far in the back for me to see the numbers

I spotted a few more this afternoon, 9924,9991,9908 and there were others in the depot a 1998 Orion V CNG as well as 9991 is also a 1998 unit

I have just confirmed by a West Farms bus operator that the bus inside West Farms depot is 1288. It will be used for training while West Farms batch arrives.

Coolness! Gotta keep track of that! I wonder if ether the BX15, BX19 or BX36 would be first for training?