MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted not to long ago about GH sending ALL of their NGs to S.I. KB wil soon be sending ALL of their NGs as well to S.I. IN RETURN O-5s will be going to GH/KB.

They really don't need more hybrids on the island, they weren't built for that kind of suburban environment!

MTA should really convert all the island's hybrids to diesel in addition to the MTA Bus fleet.

They really don't need more hybrids on the island, they weren't built for that kind of suburban environment!

MTA should really convert all the island's hybrids to diesel in addition to the MTA Bus fleet.

Not happening.. They hybrids can run on any environment .. Just not with staten island drivers...

Didn't you say they were going to mta bus first?

i agree about the first part, but i am not in favor of converting more hybrid buses. I'd rather they send the 89 nova lfs to si and push out some of the ngs. Converting is a waste of money. There's nothing wrong with the buses, hybrids are better for stop and go type traffic. Or if they really have to convert hybrids to diesel, then start with the oldest og buses and send them to si. Edited by Grand Concourse

Didn't you say they were going to mta bus first?

Yes he did...

I received word earlier that GH depot will be losing their "shorties" ALL 75 of their NG 0-7 hybrids will be going to MTA Bus. Replacing the "shorties" as GH calls them, will be 75 1999 O-5s from possibly ECH and what ever other depots. As more info is given to me I will post it that is all for now 1 favor please? Try not to derail this topic thanks. This will happen shortly after the fall pick starts.

I posted not to long ago about GH sending ALL of their NGs to S.I. KB wil soon be sending ALL of their NGs as well to S.I. IN RETURN O-5s will be going to GH/KB.

Not happening. KB is sending some of their 4300's over to Gun Hill at this time. 4330-4439 are already at Gun Hill with the exception of 4331 and 4333. If that were true, then we would be seeing more Orion V's popping up on the Gun Hill routes.

No.....QV/JAM swapping some NGs and some LFSs GH AND KB sending NGs to S.I. And S.I. Sending O-5s to GH/KB and to GA. Yes confusing I know. Yes I started page 1000 lol.

I'm a little confused as to where the swap between Jamaica and QV came from.

If they're trying to alleviate the shortage out at S.I, why swap buses instead of just sending them out there? From the logical view, Yukon is down 22 buses last I was told, the 20 buses from Grand Avenue makes a crapton of sense and would rectify the shortage problems at Yukon and Charleston(Charleston lost buses to Yukon), but KB and GH sending buses to S.I? I'm not all too sure about all of that. 

If they're swapping out Orion Vs to The Bronx, that wouldn't solve anything that has to do with the mileage.

We have 5 days to go. This hearsay is getting a bit annoying. Let's just sit back and wait and see.

Edited by Cait Sith

There is no way that GA would be left with an average fleet age of 15 years.

As for GH losing its NGs, its fleet age would go up enormously, as the 6000-series O5s are 14 years old.

I have a fam at GA he called & told me that GA is losing their NG's. well at least some of them..