MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1235-1236, 3883, 5832, 6372, 6669, 6781 are running on Quill routes as well. Looks like the shortage is pretty severe at Quill at this time.

By the way, I made a new update. I added some of the previously mentioned Quill moves into the roster for now (excluding the ones that I mentioned) among some of the other moves mentioned.

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/

It looks like 2185, the 9-11 MCI is still active.  Will it be pulled from service and retired soon?  It looks like UP will be MCI free sooner rather than later since they only have 8 of them left.

From the looks of things, the depot should be MCI free by the end of the year. 2185 has yet to retire, but it might still be alive as a museum bus once it retires.

Edited by Cait Sith

From the looks of things, the depot should be MCI free by the end of the year. 2185 has yet to retire, but it might still be alive as a museum bus once it retires.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bus will be in the museum.  I haven't seen it a while though and when I have it's always been during the morning rush.  I'm sure it's chosen by the senior guys for the most part.

Not necessarily. Some drivers don't like articulated buses, so they pick runs with articulateds (to get the premium pay) and then request standards. 

40 footers don't run on MJQ Artic routes on a regular basis though... it only seems to happen when they are short of buses... or its snowing heavy.

And I doubt the Dispatchers would allow a driver to pull out a 40 Footer for a Artic run unless there is no Artics available at the depot.

I just noticed that the :bus_bullet_b9:  isn't listed as rush hour route for UP...might want to add that...

They've been doing more than just the one school tripper recently,caught 7175 and 7180 both on the same day last week roughly around 3:30ish.Last I saw the school tripper gets to Shore around 3:54...

Edited by Around the Horn