MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shakeup I have been talking about has begun. 5364 should pop back up any day now in the new wrap, and all buses 2011 and newer will get some type of update with the new colors. A few of the buses scheduled for immediate repaint are still getting the standard scheme. A few TA buses have been emerging from the paint booths in MTA Bus titles. Lots of internal confusion right now as all the buses will just be (MTA) as everything continues to merge.

LGA making history today with a few more to come. TA still has to figure out what to do with the Eastchester and what they will have moving forward. They want to keep the XD's at LGA, and I am being told MTA actually wants LG and EC to be all diesel. It will be quite a while before this happens at LGA though because those hybrids aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

D21BF2AE-2841-449E-AB65-C89443F21203.jpg

That shakeup I have been talking about has begun. 5364 should pop back up any day now in the new wrap, and all buses 2011 and newer will get some type of update with the new colors. A few of the buses scheduled for immediate repaint are still getting the standard scheme. A few TA buses have been emerging from the paint booths in MTA Bus titles. Lots of internal confusion right now as all the buses will just be (MTA) as everything continues to merge.

LGA making history today with a few more to come. TA still has to figure out what to do with the Eastchester and what they will have moving forward. They want to keep the XD's at LGA, and I am being told MTA actually wants LG and EC to be all diesel. It will be quite a while before this happens at LGA though because those hybrids aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Send those hybrids to Ulmer! We'll give you the 1999s!LOL :lol:  (Now I've got that off my chest)

re the pant scheme: Nice! Will 5364 have the AAV and tech updates too?

Why bother repainting the C40LF's and Xcelsiors if they're getting this new wrap?

What ever happened to the diesel project that was set to happen with the OGs?

It was dropped. Would've cost a lot to go with it. Replacing the batteries would've been cheaper.

EDIT: 2752 at Meredith. Just seen it on the X12 with decals on Richmond Avenue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cait Sith

LGA making history today with a few more to come. TA still has to figure out what to do with the Eastchester and what they will have moving forward. They want to keep the XD's at LGA, and I am being told MTA actually wants LG and EC to be all diesel. It will be quite a while before this happens at LGA though because those hybrids aren't going anywhere anytime soon

Wasn't expecting that