MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Out of all the routes they pick the Q26. I guess because it is the quickest and easiest route at the depot. I was expecting it to debut on the Q44/Q20 or even the Q32.

The Q44 is the LAST route you would find XD40s on. Others routes, yeah, it could be on. Not saying it's impossible on the Q44 though; it may appear there tomorrow or in a few weeks.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Q44 is the LAST route you would find XD40s on. Others routes, yeah, it could be on. Not saying it's impossible on the Q44 though; it may appear there tomorrow or in a few weeks.

Not really because you find several standard buses on that route. Not as many as the Q10 but you could see around 3-5 standards on that route at any given time. Saw two Orion VII's today on the Q44 heading to the Bronx Zoo.

The Q26 is a very high-seniority line. Maybe that driver requested it and got it.

Isn't all short routes like that such as the B74, Q42, Bx46, the old Q74, Q75, Q79 and B39?

Oh yeah what Brooklyn depot 4621 come from because I rode it on the Q10 on Saturday night with a Brooklyn bus map

Not really because you find several standard buses on that route. Not as many as the Q10 but you could see around 3-5 standards on that route at any given time. Saw two Orion VII's today on the Q44 heading to the Bronx Zoo.

Sure but Like I said the XD40s would likely see the Q44 last, even if it sees standards often. Whenever it appears though, I will hunt it down like I did the Q25.

Again not impossible nor am I disagreeing, but it MAY be a while before the Q44 sees the XD40s. Maybe when more get to CS then they may see the Q44 from time to time.

Isn't all short routes like that such as the B74, Q42, Bx46, the old Q74, Q75, Q79 and B39?

Oh yeah what Brooklyn depot 4621 come from because I rode it on the Q10 on Saturday night with a Brooklyn bus map

I believe Flatbush. I remember hearing that FB sent some NGs to JFK.

There are very few true seniority routes anymore since most jobs are interlined.  You'll be on a "good " route for one part of your day and a "crappy" route on your other half.

With that said, run 003 on the Q26 is one of the few good seniority runs as both halves are on the Q26 both AM and PM as it does not run during the day.  The operator has a very long spread in his workday.  They are not paid for the entire time of their swing.

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

Out of all the routes they pick the Q26. I guess because it is the quickest and easiest route at the depot. I was expecting it to debut on the Q44/Q20 or even the Q32.

That route is short and barely runs. I think they have like 2, at most 3 buses during rush hour... During mid-day, I don't even think it runs. I think why they put it on the Q26 is because they wanted to test it out for a few runs during the rush before the Q26 stops.

That route is short and barely runs. I think they have like 2, at most 3 buses during rush hour... During mid-day, I don't even think it runs. I think why they put it on the Q26 is because they wanted to test it out for a few runs during the rush before the Q26 stops.

No, the senior operator in question is assigned to the Q26....senior operators tends to get dibs on new buses, much like the op who has had 5364 on the Q10. Some senior ops tend to test out buses on routes, it has nothing to do with stops or the run itself. It depends on who has it.

Edited by Cait Sith

Nope. Midday service on the Q26 was discontinued in 2010

Interesting... 9279 is running on the Q20A, 9172 is on the Q20B...

Other RTS' are out on the Q20B and Q31 (which I'm assuming is just a fill-in and a tripper, respectively) but LGA buses on Stengal routes? Wow... (Unless it's something that's happened before, in which case I apologize)

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101

Interesting... 9279 is running on the Q20A, 9172 is on the Q20B...

Other RTS' are out on the Q20B and Q31 (which I'm assuming is just a fill-in and a tripper, respectively) but LGA buses on Stengal routes? Wow... (Unless it's something that's happened before, in which case I apologize)

I think those RTS'S recently transfered to JAM from LGA shortly before they were on the Q20A/B

7366 was running again on the Q26 but it left before I got the chance to take pics.....

I missed it by a few minutes, by the time I was at Roosevelt/Main, it was at Bowne..

What I also missed today was JA RTS #5161 on the Q28.. by 30 seconds.

Also saw a flipdot O7 on the Q16, most likely from QV. 

When is that Google bus roster going to be updated? I'm sure there have been new buses that have come in since late July.

I'm not sure as I've been pretty busy as of late and the other moderators didn't do any new enhancements to the site so its going to be a while before it finally gets updated.