MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's too bad, but it looks as if the NGs at QV are soon to be a thing of the past...at least until something else has to be replaced.

Also, does anyone have any idea why Grand Avenue has not removed Yukon's Stickers from their recent 3900s? It just seems careless to leave SI decals on Brooklyn buses for that long, especially when they are no longer loans.

6902 is at QV. Saw it on the Q88 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Roster updated.

Since the RTS' at CS storage are still assigned to Jamaica, on the roster they'll be kept at Jamaica. Doesn't make much sense for that to be separated.

It's too bad, but it looks as if the NGs at QV are soon to be a thing of the past...at least until something else has to be replaced.

Also, does anyone have any idea why Grand Avenue has not removed Yukon's Stickers from their recent 3900s? It just seems careless to leave SI decals on Brooklyn buses for that long, especially when they are no longer loans.

I wonder where the other 4 NG's are going - since it's an uneven move. I guess JA.

And 9699 was on the B60 with no depot sticker on the passenger side. Grand's known for carelessness when it comes to depot stickers. They'll get to it.

Just a heads up, as the fleet review is over, we know there are going to be lots of moves, but a few of these will be temporary. Those buses aren't at CS for summer storage. They are being prepped for the Roadeo

Next week, we will start to see buses going back to their respective places. Others will stay. 4020 is at EC in preparation for the pending swap with LG. This could happen as earliest as next week. Thanks to TJ Trainman for keeping up with the moves on the pending LG/EC swaps. Edit: and Turtle who seems to have been posting at the same time as me about 4020. lol

Major QV/CS hybrid swap will continue.

On the heals of the Future Fleet Moves post, it appears as if the moves (which are subject to change) will be as follows.

4020-4039 LG to EC 

8 to 10 buses in the 4140-4169 range from JK to EC shortly after.

5175-5199 EC to LG

15-16 RTS from TA to LG and JK 

Remaining buses in the 8854-9349 series, as well as 6025, 6081, and 6333 to be retired immediately

Edited by East New York

Just a heads up, as the fleet review is over, we know there are going to be lots of moves, but a few of these will be temporary. Those buses aren't at CS for summer storage. They are being prepped for the Roadeo

Next week, we will start to see buses going back to their respective places. Others will stay. 4020 is at EC in preparation for the pending swap with LG. This could happen as earliest as next week. Thanks to TJ Trainman for keeping up with the moves on the pending LG/EC swaps. Edit: and Turtle who seems to have been posting at the same time as me about 4020. lol

On the heals of the Future Fleet Moves post, it appears as if the moves (which are subject to change) will be as follows.

4020-4039 LG to EC 

5175-5199 EC to LG

Remaining buses in the 8854-9349 series, as well as 6025, 6081, and 6333 to be retired immediately

I knew it!

4020-4039 LG to EC

5175-5199 EC to LG

Meaning some of the buses that went to West Farms will return back to Brooklyn and hopefully ENY could start getting rid of the LFS or that could be on hold for now.

4020 LG to EC

...it begins

Awww I wanted to say that!

Yes, it does begin indeed!

ENY I have a question: I did find out about the Roadeo from a friend of mine. Why is the Bus Roadeo being relocated to Citi Field? Will they still hold the contest (the one where you get a bus for a year, I forgot the name of it lol) and if so, how?

4480 to Casey Stengel

6847: Stengel to Queens Village

Also, 3622: Baisley Park to Spring Creek as a loan now to Far Rockaway (or JFK)

You mean it's now in JFK? Sorry got confused a little bit.

Anyway, roster updated - prior to Calvin's post. I'll do it again.

Meaning some of the buses that went to West Farms will return back to Brooklyn and hopefully ENY could start getting rid of the LFS or that could be on hold for now.

That is question #2. Are those LFS' still heading to JA and S.I. ENY?

You mean it's now in JFK? Sorry got confused a little bit.

My apologies for the confusion but yes, it's at JFK. 

The reason why I mentioned Far Rockaway is b/c it's on the Q35 and Old Generation Hybrids shuffle between JFK and Far Rockaway. The Q35 is a Far Rockaway route, with the Q22 and Q52 Limited

Edited by CH3348

My apoligies for the confusion but yes, it's at JFK as well. 

The reason why I mentioned Far Rockaway is b/c it's on the Q35 and Old Generation Hybrids shuffle between JFK and Far Rockaway. 

The Q35 is a Far Rockaway route, with the Q22 and Q52 Limited

Got you, roster updated.

4020-4039 LG to EC 

5175-5199 EC to LG

What are RTSes going to be doing at the Roadeo? Thought it was exclusively new tech now, with the LFSes, XD40s, and the ex-Bee Roadeo equipment buses balancing out the museum fleet. Sounds like it'll be quite a show. 

Appreciate the great intel as always, thought I'll be very sad to the last 1996s finally taken out of service. 8854 and up, you think that means 8793's sticking around? ;) And as for those beat-to-death Vs, eh. 

Also, if anybody's got confirmation, I've got 8994, 9071, and 9085 LG to ECH this morning. 9085 did a 180 and pulled back up to LG though, so maybe that one's got a lease on life. 

Edited by MHV9218