MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GA doesn't have enough buses to run the 46 local.

So no 46 local leaving FB.

FB needs to be mostly artic in order to keep both 44 & 46.

Give the 44 local to Grand Avenue and not the SBS.

The pullout is totally better from the Sheepshead bay side & Avenue U.

If GA gets the B44 SBS, then GA would either lose the B47 to Flatbush or the B60 to ENY.

I don't think anyone here spoke as if it was a certainty that the B44 sbs was going over to Grand. I just think that for a lot of us are just excited at the prospect of such an important route going over to a depot that may or may not be up to maintaining the route. For me anyway, it's the idea that the B44 SBS Going over to GA would allow for the B47 returning to Flatbush or the B60 returning to East New York. Us transit enthusiasts get excited over such things. Just my guess, though.

My question is what happened to bus #6853? Is it retired or what?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by Micstromme

Ok... For my previous post I meant to say the Novas were going to CH, and not CA. The B44+ being moved to GA is NOT confirmed at all there was just talk of it so I don't want everyone to get carried away.

Ok then. I didn't think Castleton needed more buses. Hopefully those ten buses would shift #8256-8263 back to Yukon.

I don't think anyone here spoke as if it was a certainty that the B44 sbs was going over to Grand. I just think that for a lot of us are just excited at the prospect of such an important route going over to a depot that may or may not be up to maintaining the route. For me anyway, it's the idea that the B44 SBS Going over to GA would allow for the B47 returning to Flatbush or the B60 returning to East New York. Us transit enthusiasts get excited over such things. Just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

The bus caught fire. It was sitting at Eastchester as of last year.

Edited by The TransitMan

The bus caught fire. It was sitting at Eastchester as of last year.

6853 was retired due to a fire

But...

The front end of the bus was (supposedly) cut off and used to repair 6372...the bus that ran face first into a building on the M5 (or was it the M4, one of those 2 lines)

But...

The front end of the bus was (supposedly) cut off and used to repair 6372...the bus that ran face first into a building on the M5 (or was it the M4, one of those 2 lines)

Thank you! THAT would explain why the front was cut off.

Edited by The TransitMan