MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2421 CHA to UP

That should say 2421 MA to UP.  Charleston doesn't have any 24XXs...

2400s are at Charleston (2490-2499) but the difference is that the prevosts are equipped with a digital run box

Edited by CH3348

2400s are at Charleston (2490-2499) but the difference is that the prevosts are equipped with a digital run box

I was thinking of the first Prevosts that came out.  Charleston doesn't have any of those, just Meredith and of course Ulmer Park.

Speaking of moves, is Staten Island getting rid of the old (2001 & 2002) MCI's?  From the updated list, that seems to be the case.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

If XD60 gonna replace CS LFSA to give it to MQ for M23 SBS so that means XD60 gonna replace FB LFSA to give it to MQ for the M14 SBS.

Let's wait and see what happens first... For all we know, FLA might keep both the LFSAs AND the XD60s and push out some of the local buses.

Only time will tell when it comes to these bus orders.

Let's wait and see what happens first... For all we know, FLA might keep both the LFSAs AND the XD60s and push out some of the local buses.

Only time will tell when it comes to these bus orders.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. However, without any speculations or rumors. Let's see what happens with this order. It's pretty complicated when you have about 1/2 the order in New York City already and the 1/2 awaiting for delivery.

IF FB keeps both XD60's and LFSA's. The following will happen OR possibly happen in this matter.

You will lose the B2, B31 and perhaps the B49. ALL to Ulmer Park. That's all to keep space. The 41 doesn't need to be artic at this point due to horrendous scheduling and other issues.

FB needs the local buses to maintain age. I seriously doubt the TA will have FB an all artic depot any time soon

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. However, without any speculations or rumors. Let's see what happens with this order. It's pretty complicated when you have about 1/2 the order in New York City already and the 1/2 awaiting for delivery.

IF FB keeps both XD60's and LFSA's. The following will happen OR possibly happen in this matter.

You will lose the B2, B31 and perhaps the B49. ALL to Ulmer Park. That's all to keep space. The 41 doesn't need to be artic at this point due to horrendous scheduling and other issues.

FB needs the local buses to maintain age. I seriously doubt the TA will have FB an all artic depot any time soon

Ulmer Park how its set up now won't be able to inherit any of the routes you suggest without having to lose some routes as the depot can't be crammed with even more buses that they can handle, mostly with getting the B49.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

Ulmer Park how its set up now won't be able to inherit any of the routes you suggest without having to lose some routes as the depot can't be crammed with even more buses that they can handle, mostly with getting the B49.

Does Gleason have any more room? I could see a route or two moving from UP to JG, with the B2, B31 going to UP.

Only reason I said the B49 is simply because it can interline with the B1 at KCC. If not MOST of the FB routes carry a good chunk.

I understand that UP routes B1/6/36 carry most of the leg room.

However, if you bring in at LEAST the B31 than it lessens the load on Flatbush. Honestly and truthfully. I would want FB to keep all their routes b/c of the current set up in the Brooklyn Division.

I see this in Wikipedia "Other potential routes, including the B41 and B82, have undergone preliminary studies and community outreach, but have yet to be seriously considered for implementation." and also on this "

3. Brooklyn

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_Bus_Service Edited by BDNQ2345