MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I see this in Wikipedia "Other potential routes, including the B41 and B82, have undergone preliminary studies and community outreach, but have yet to be seriously considered for implementation." and also on this "

3. Brooklyn

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Select_Bus_Service

Wikipedia is the one website that you should use as a very last resort for any information. 

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a loan for the 10th time today...... I also have a suggestion for people. If you do not know, do not act or insinuate as if you do. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm big on double checking information. We all can be wrong at times but I've had to mention this on facebook. Someone ran with this, then an operator took a pic... Next thing you know it's all over FB that it's there for training, they are pushing RTS' out to balance the fleet and all this other made up BS.

BTW, she's in route to the Pond as I type this for the the last time today.... Training? ROFLMAO... Some of you people foam over buses just a bit too much.... BACK AWAY FROM THE BUS Please!

Nothing wrong with being wrong. I've been there. But calm down and think logically before we say some of the things we do. First clue or big red flag for EVERYONE regarding 6533 was that UP has never had hybrids. So even if there was a swap pending it would be an introduction similar to those of West Farms and Eastchester. Maintenance and operators have to be notified, then trained, then qualified, and everything else.

Any depot can be loaned a bus. Any depot cannot just be assigned them overnight. Especially if said depot has NEVER had that model or anything similar to it. Let's not forget the historic rejection of hybrids from a former UP GM. "Nope. Give us the best of the best RTS please. We don't want that. Especially not on the B6."

If it wasn't for a new GM who said she wanted all the old RTS gone immediately and when the test buses came in she wanted all of them to figure out what would replace them, it would to this day be an all RTS depot for local. Hell will freeze over before Orion hybrids ever grace the B6. LOL.

BTW, they rejected the NG's when they were new, and chose the XD's after the test phase. Let this be a reminder to some who like to say at the end of the day the DOB will decide where they want their buses. Not always...... Especially not when heavy weights like ENY, Quill, And Ulmer in the picture. They always get what they want. Since as long as I can remember.... They been trying to rid EN of the RTS for ages and somehow they always make their way back. Good ones at that!