MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

EDIT

For starters the previously posted assignments of 5987-6035 to CS is incorrect. That was an assumption based off what Novabus5000 saw in the system, and what was originally supposed to go to CS. That has changed. I will have more details this evening, and I'm getting a major update at this very moment.

The new pilots will not be testing for 60 or 90 days. MTA has now issued an NTP for immediate delivery, and NFI said ok!

MTA is re-assigning buses as I type. 54 buses were just registered under our noses in the last 48 hours and right at this very moment. That means they will be rolling in heavy this week

Updates should be flooding my desk all evening and all day tomorrow for these new changes.

Note to all who watch for fleet moves. Do NOT post anything you see for 6000's until further notice. Your information will be incorrect because the buses registered in the system are linked to Orion V's. Also a note to Seven, none of theses buses are actually at CS yet.

They ONLY have 5987 and 4754 on the property.

Again, everything is registered in the system through 6054 but they ARE NOT here yet.

Edited by East New York

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major changes coming across my desk now. You guys won't believe what was delivered last night and right now as I type!!!!! Sorry Seven, but you gonna need to do some updates after my next post. Give me about 10 minutes.

But just to tease you all, 5987-6054 are all here!!!!!!!

WAIT... WHAT...

Which could mean the rest of the fleet could be here within the next 2 weeks to a month for possible completion of this delivery..

This order is REALLY coming in like hotcakes. :rock: :rock:

That's an EDIT. The are all registered, and pending delivery. There are about 50 buses in different stages of production. I had to double check on all that. A lot of the info going around at this moment is incorrect. So please DO NOT post any new assignments for XD60's until I can confirm. There's a lot of confusion right now. All the 6000s that are active in the system are actually Orion V's. MTA is in the process on converting the information. When it is complete I will let you all know.

Edited by East New York

What the f***? All those buses came in that fast?!?!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That worries me. We've seen what happened with the 7000s/7100s with their horrible ride quality and such(except for MTA Bus's XD40s), and they did a tremendous job with the MTA Bus XD60s. I just hope they are as solid as the MTA Bus units. If all of those buses are up and ready that fast, the build and ride quality of those buses may be 50/50.

Edited by Cait Sith

That worries me. We've seen what happened with the 7000s/7100s with their horrible ride quality and such(except for MTA Bus's XD40s), and they did a tremendous job with the MTA Bus XD60s. I just hope they are as solid as the MTA Bus units. If all of those buses are up and ready that fast, the build and ride quality of those buses may be 50/50.

I totally agree with you man! However, remember these buses were actually supposed to start arriving in July, but MTA delayed them pending assignments and audit inspection. So by the time MTA says ok to the production buses they will likely arrive just like the 7000's. With the Bus Co order, TA rejected the pilot and the production buses were much better after the upgrades were made. It's possible these could be really solid as well seeing as they are spec'd similar and nearly 35% of the buses in this order are either currently in, or already completed some stage of production.

5988, 5989, and 5990 are scheduled for delivery (re-delivery) this coming week. If all goes well the testing phase will be cuts short and the buses will possibly begin delivery next month.

Those xd40s are really that bad? I mean I've never ridden on those I only use Laguardia's and Fresh Pond's, and I'm fond of those.  

He's referring to the WMATA Orion V rejects from JFK that were numbered in the 5900's.

Yea I forgot about those. 

I might be jumping too far ahead, but does anyone have a clue as to when 5987 (or any XD60) will enter service on the Q44? 

I'd say probably sometime between this week to next month.

Major changes coming across my desk now. You guys won't believe what was delivered last night and right now as I type!!!!! Sorry Seven, but you gonna need to do some updates after my next post. Give me about 10 minutes.

But just to tease you all, 5987-6054 are all here!!!!!!!

Oh damn!

Edited by r142a 7795

There really isn't a swap going on for Bronx and Manhattan SBS units. No Manhattan SBS units came up here in exchange for now so its too early to say if a swap will go down.

That's a copy KB.

However, The Bronx has sent 4 buses to Manhattan within the last 2 weeks.

Your guess is my guess whether to see if the Bronx and Manhattan will swap buses. Also, while we are here with bus moves. It's reported that 5128 and 5129 are in the confines of Brooklyn. Last checked they were in WF. Any WF swaps going to Brooklyn to your knowledge.

That's a copy KB.

Your guess is my guess whether to see if the Bronx and Manhattan will swap buses. Also, while we are here with bus moves. It's reported that 5128 and 5129 are in the confines of Brooklyn. Last checked they were in WF. Any WF swaps going to Brooklyn to your knowledge.

I was referring to a SBS unit swap, not a swap of regular artics like the one you're referring to.

5128 and 29 were never sent to West Farms, the had 5127 a few months ago before heading to Quill. 5128 and 29 came from Jamaica.

That's a copy KB.

OH has been short since WF has some of their artics.

Question lol since word on the block is that ENY suppose to be getting artics whenever they get them lol. They're suppose to push the Novas to JA and CH but what about the Orion's 7 OGs ? Where would most of them go in order to make space for the artics for ENY ?

Question lol since word on the block is that ENY suppose to be getting artics whenever they get them lol. They're suppose to push the Novas to JA and CH but what about the Orion's 7 OGs ? Where would most of them go in order to make space for the artics for ENY ?

They would probably stay, and only have the Novas leaving...maybe even push out some of the RTS.

Nothing still set in stone yet.