MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant the ones with the green signs.

A few years ago and only briefly.  I know several B/Os out of Yonkers and management is VERY anal about the buses they receive.  They believe in keeping the buses up.  When they received the buses with the green signs, I don't recall ever seeing them in service, and certainly not on the Riverdale lines.  People would've made a stink for sure since the signage is a pain to read.  If signage on a bus is ever out that bus is definitely taken out of service to be fixed, otherwise passengers would complain to no end.  I've only seen it once on the BxM2, and a guy got on at Broadway and 63rd and raised hell. lol

Anybody know why 5965-5966 were transferred to CS, arent those used for the M60 sbs?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Those two units were always shared with the other SBS routes operated by Quill. 5965-66 didn't have luggage racks like the other 5900's at Quill as they were former West Farms units so it made sense that those units were swapped instead of those with luggage racks.

Wonder why ECH's RTS to NG conversion is moving so slow. Is ECH done trading with LGA now, waiting to start swapping with JFK NG's?

Maybe they only decided to send some NGs there for now, maybe they cancelled the conversion due to complaints. All we know it that all plans are not set in stone and anything is bound to happen.