MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

The BE40. I'll be on the lookout for that one.

Pretty sure 0011 is on its way too.

Its going to be a minute before they hit service, the Proterras are arriving all white and will be wrapped here. Also they are not done installing the charging stations.

These LFS buses transfers are so interesting. I remember reading a couple of months ago that Jamaica Depot was getting renovated in 2018 which is probably why these transfers are occurring as a test and why you would see LFS in Stengel and Quill. I don't know, I may be wrong but I be more than welcome to hear from other people.

4 hours ago, TofuRails said:

These LFS buses transfers are so interesting. I remember reading a couple of months ago that Jamaica Depot was getting renovated in 2018 which is probably why these transfers are occurring as a test and why you would see LFS in Stengel and Quill. I don't know, I may be wrong but I be more than welcome to hear from other people.

Yea, they're already starting to teardown the property that mta purchased last year. They finally got rid of dominos, that was holding up everything. But the depot isn't closing, they're gonna build the new depot first then tear down the old one once the new one is done i believe. 

YES! :D The Proterra have finally arrived, most unique buses the TA have brought since the Designline buses. I only beef is I wished they tested on the B38 or 47, or run on any route like the other GA buses. But I guess the need for charging stations at the terminals restricts them to the B32 and 39, oh well.

From what I seen on Youtube those XE40 sound quite cool :D can't wait until both these buses hit service. Now don't get me wrong I don't wanna see these buses in the TA fleet in the masses but these electric buses in small numbers is cool :)

28 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

With Alocoa rims, exterior cams, and a bike rack it might not be. 

They can swap out the Alcoas.
Exterior cams come standard in Proterras, especially since it's necessary if they need to back up or to align with the charging station.
Let's not forget that they've been slowly adding bike racks to routes.

Edited by Cait Sith