MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

5 minutes ago, East New York said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays NYCFT!

0021 to GA

MQ summary in case something was missed by anyone. Most if not all were posted at some point. 0011, 0012, 6096, 6098, 6100, 6102, 6104, 6106, 6108, 8073-8075, 8077, 8083.

3878, 6386, 6388, 6390, 6412, 6426, 6635, 6651, 6664, 6668, 6694, 6699, 6717 to OH and currently assigned to the M15, M86+, M101, M102, and M103.🎄

In addition to these assignments, MV is currently operating 50 of it's hybrids on ALL of the OH routes mentioned above.   

The way these orders are set up Staten Island will likely end up in the Xcelsior bunch at some point. If MTA keeps placing orders and exercising option 60% NF and 40% Nova it's inevitable they start moving into new territory. They are already in 4 Boroughs now, so Staten Island is a given at some point in the near future. Official assignments should be in soon. Those of course are subject to change when the Novas come in. The hybrids on the S79 will likely end up being Xcelsiors one day as well. TA wants all the hybrids off the Island. As 7484 is now on property, the remaining pilots 7485-7487 are already built as well and should begin audit testing immediately. 

In other news, post Hurricane Sandy damage, the FR Depot rehab project is coming along really well. The Depot is looking really good now. I've been over a few times in recent weeks to see it for myself. There are more than 65 buses "unofficially" assigned to the Depot. As ifirst mentioned quite some time ago, it does still appear that the Q52+ will be split ops when the Depot goes back online.

In other bus news, Nova LFSA's are due any day now. The MTA bus XD40 order should be finalized I'm the beginning of 2018. 

New Flyer wants to start the evaluation on the XE40's before the in-route charging units are built and installed along the M42 route. Their representatives are saying the bus can go out on the road for a few hours then return to the Depot for fast charging. MTA's introduction plans were to have the BB uses begin service on the route after the line chargers are installed. So at this point we may see them sooner than later if MTA goes with New Flyer's recommendation. We will have to wait and see how this goes.

1016 is reported to be doing well as the other 4 pilots undergo evaluation. This is just a reminder for those that may not remember but this order contains 5 pilots. 1016-1020. The plan is to have all these buses in service by next Fall. This is an accelerated delivery and planned as a super-acccereated pilot testing phase in order to ender the buses into service even faster than the 7000 series Xcelsiors.

Are the hybrids assignment temporary to OH for today or are they staying there?

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, East New York said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays NYCTF!

0020 to ZA

0021 to GA

MQ summary in case something was missed by anyone. Most if not all were posted at some point. 0011, 0012, 6096, 6098, 6100, 6102, 6104, 6106, 6108, 8073-8075, 8077, 8083.

3878, 6386, 6388, 6390, 6412, 6426, 6635, 6651, 6664, 6668, 6694, 6699, 6717 to OH and currently assigned to the M15, M86+, M101, M102, and M103.🎄

In addition to these assignments, MV is currently operating 50 of it's hybrids on ALL of the OH routes mentioned above.   

The way these orders are set up Staten Island will likely end up in the Xcelsior bunch at some point. If MTA keeps placing orders and exercising option 60% NF and 40% Nova it's inevitable they start moving into new territory. They are already in 4 Boroughs now, so Staten Island is a given at some point in the near future. Official assignments should be in soon. Those of course are subject to change when the Novas come in. The hybrids on the S79 will likely end up being Xcelsiors one day as well. TA wants all the hybrids off the Island. As 7484 is now on property, the remaining pilots 7485-7487 are already built as well and should begin audit testing immediately. 

In other news, post Hurricane Sandy damage, the FR Depot rehab project is coming along really well. The Depot is looking really good now. I've been over a few times in recent weeks to see it for myself. There are more than 65 buses "unofficially" assigned to the Depot. As ifirst mentioned quite some time ago, it does still appear that the Q52+ will be split ops when the Depot goes back online.

In other bus news, Nova LFSA's are due any day now. The MTA bus XD40 order should be finalized I'm the beginning of 2018. 

New Flyer wants to start the evaluation on the XE40's before the in-route charging units are built and installed along the M42 route. Their representatives are saying the bus can go out on the road for a few hours then return to the Depot for fast charging. MTA's introduction plans were to have the BB uses begin service on the route after the line chargers are installed. So at this point we may see them sooner than later if MTA goes with New Flyer's recommendation. We will have to wait and see how this goes.

1016 is reported to be doing well as the other 4 pilots undergo evaluation. This is just a reminder for those that may not remember but this order contains 5 pilots. 1016-1020. The plan is to have all these buses in service by next Fall. This is an accelerated delivery and planned as a super-acccereated pilot testing phase in order to ender the buses into service even faster than the 7000 series Xcelsiors.

So we won’t see any XN60s in masses until next fall seemingly. What does that mean for the XD60s for Brooklyn next year? 

1 hour ago, East New York said:

The way these orders are set up Staten Island will likely end up in the Xcelsior bunch at some point. If MTA keeps placing orders and exercising option 60% NF and 40% Nova it's inevitable they start moving into new territory. They are already in 4 Boroughs now, so Staten Island is a given at some point in the near future. Official assignments should be in soon. Those of course are subject to change when the Novas come in. The hybrids on the S79 will likely end up being Xcelsiors one day as well. TA wants all the hybrids off the Island.

Another thing to consider is that Yukon is a training depot so whatever is going to replace the NG as the training vehicle will probably wind up at Yukon. Personally, I'm hoping for some Xcelsiors. 

4 hours ago, East New York said:

Wait I'm very confused... Are these new OH OG/NG assignments for daily normal service? What is MV getting in return?

10 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I'm bummed Quill is getting hand me down "new" buses. If I was them I'd rather wait a few months and get brand new 40 foot buses than LFSs that are a few years old, yeah quill has those XE40s but those will only run on the M42!

They're still better than those damn RTS buses.  They need to go already.  Horrible/non-existent AC, and boarding takes forever since they aren't low floor buses.

To be fair, quill is supposed to get brand new XDE40s in 2018, and it has recieved a handful of XD60s fresh from New Flyer. And when the m14 SBS ultimately occurs, it'll either get new LFS-A or (1-2 year old) XD60s.

Edited by Orion6025
Forgot about the 14 sbs

5 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

To be fair, quill is supposed to get brand new XDE40s in 2018, and it has recieved a handful of XD60s fresh from New Flyer. And when the m14 SBS ultimately occurs, it'll either get new LFS-A or (1-2 year old) XD60s.

Actually I don't think they will even touch the XDE40 since those orders are meant for ENY and MV.

12 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Nothing has been confirmed as to where those XDE40s will go.

15 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They're still better than those damn RTS buses.  They need to go already.  Horrible/non-existent AC, and boarding takes forever since they aren't low floor buses.

......You won't find much of an improvement with these, especially with the transverse seating. It's gonna be even more crowded than an RTS. especially with the lack of space.

Edited by Cait Sith