SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the same train I saw during the TOMC some buffs were overacting to this wrapped train calling it the g** train during that day.

That reminds me of a fanboy comment I saw on a GM Fishbowl video on Youtube. They said we should petition Nova to make a next generation GM instead of continuing to manufacture the Lame (derogatory term for homosexuals) series. I love GMs as much as the next guy, but Jesus Christ!

I didn't know whether to put it here or in regional or in off-topic.  But since it's subway related, I guess it'll be here first.

Something out of the ordinary...I wonder if New Yorkers would get a kick out of this one:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/57923/a-homeless-man-enters-the-subway-what-happens-next-is-something-even-new-yorkers-have-never-seen

This happened on the SEPTA in Philadelphia. I saw the video and article yesterday actually. 

Looking at the video I was quite surprised at the reaction of the straphangers as the panhandler gave his presentation. I realize that as a non politically correct person that panhandling is illegal, and that I know there are scammers out there. I am not convinced that he is genuinely homeless, and not a con artist. However we have performers who illegally do the same for tips on the trains, who I can't help but scrutinize myself. Of course I am holding on to my money. Noone is getting my hard earned dollars, not a penny. That's how i feel about it now, as opposed to past discussions on the subject. 

I am also continuously aware fully of the housing and political situation that puts many persons into the street. On top of that, I am not in a position to assist anyome else except my close ones. Some people of course reap their own consequences for their actions, another story.

I don't believe that this man, if he is indeed homeless, would have received the same reaction in the (MTA) Subways. Not like that if anything, depending on what subway line he is on. I can tell you right now if he was on the (D) to the Bronx for example he would absolutely receive apathetic and disparaging responses from those equally going through hard times. And I am not just talking about the straphangers who are of the working poor class, even those of the middle class are reeling from a stagnant job market, another story again in itself.

Different city, different environment.  Not necessarily as harsh a societal environment as NYC. Not to sound unnecessarily monotone or intense if I am appearing to be so, but I take the housing situation, also panhandling in the subways seriously.

Rode the R for the last time thru the tunnel. They sure wasted no time to put up the new signs leaving only a paper sign showing manhattan/queens at Court st.

Caught an R32 J at Fulton. A few days ago I caught an R160 C, but did see some in the opposite direction today (mix of 8500s and 9900s).

On the way back I caught all 3 A trains (lefferts, long wait for the Far Rock, and a little more waiting for the Rock park A).

I rode the last northbound (R) from Bay Ridge to Whitehall Street and the last southbound (R) from Whitehall Street to Jay Street. At Jay Street I witnessed the last (N) train leaving the station heading to Coney Island.

I got an R160 (R) yesterday while going home at TSQ. There were also at least two R46 on the (F)

The programming now says "Via Bridge", and they updated the announcements in Manhattan. Instead of saying "This is a Queens bound (R) train", it says "This is a Queens bound (R) local train". (The original one was one of my favorite NTT announcements).

Guest Lance

There's always been a "via Bridge" option for the R on the 160s. You just don't see it since the R doesn't use 160s often. At least before all this that is.

If I catch an R46 on the (F), I ride it through the Queens Boulevard Express to hear those hauling jet-like motors they make while they go at 40 or 50+MPH just like through the 60th Street tube, Cranberry Street tube and Jamaica Bay crossing.

Saw the R46's on the (F) today. I counted 4 of them as R46 consists. The rest, the protocol R160's.

Pics:

3glf.jpg

aav7.jpg

Nice shot but I thought the R46 no longer operates on the  (F). I never seen one in years.

I got an R160 (R) yesterday while going home at TSQ. There were also at least two R46 on the (F)

The programming now says "Via Bridge", and they updated the announcements in Manhattan. Instead of saying "This is a Queens bound (R) train", it says "This is a Queens bound (R) local train". (The original one was one of my favorite NTT announcements).

No fair! Whenever I use the (R) it's always an R46  :(

Is it Just me , or is the MTA Starting to Lose Its Ridership?

Example: Montage Tubes Closed , MTA Loses Ridership On (R) and get more Ridership on Buses which causes long wait times , crowded buses and well I think you all get the idea...

You're kidding right?