SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be contrary, but if the R68 are going to the (B) since it's a part time line, would the R68A's eventually run into the same problem of being overused since they'd be on the (D)?

No Because the point on the (B) and (D) swapping cars is so that the R68s can get more rest and so that their miledge comes down , and eventually when the same thing happens to the R68As than they can swap cars again,

Why cant R142s pair 63xx's be paired with 68xx's? Is it the strip map issue? Because both sets are R142s

It has happened before but they try not to do it. Lets say you have a train like that running around on the (2). One half of the train will have all the (2) stops, and the other half will have all the (5) stops lit up. People in that back half would think its a (5) train (some people are that dumb lol) just by looking at the strip map alone. And since you can't turn the strip map off in half the set, it either would have to be all on or all off throughout the entire train

i saw 9453-9457 coupled with 9193-9197 on the (N). isnt that the set from jamaica?

its weird seeing the Jamaica sets on the (N)/(Q) i even over heard a passenger say " this had to be an (E) train" im guessing because of the G.O. Signs in the car

Recently I saw one of the (E) trains to Union Tpke at Forest Hills at 10:05 AM. I saw broadway singles 1917, 1919 AND 1921 on the (7) line in different sets. At 61 St I saw the R188 first conversion set. (This was the first time seeing it). Then the day after on an R46 (F) in one car it said on the LCD R Bay Ridge 95 St; in another it read (G) Church Av then in another it read (F) Coney Island

For the (3) line's north terminal at Harlem-148 Street (or 148 Street-Lenox Terminal), there isn't exits directly at 148. It's only 149. IMO it should be renamed Harlem-149 Street (or 149 Street-Lenox Terminal).

So if I have this down correctly...the station is named 148 to distinguish it from the 149-GC station on the (2)(4)(5), just in case there's a GO requiring either of those three lines to terminate at 149-GC station?

It also isn't at Lenox Ave, but a block over at Adam Clayton Powell Jr Blvd. So why not 149-Powell Terminal?

182-183 (D) no longer has an open exit to 183rd St and 163-Amsterdam no longer has an exit to 163 St, so should we change those names too? Heck, even W4 St only has an exit to West 4th if you take the elevator!

For the (3) line's north terminal at Harlem-148 Street (or 148 Street-Lenox Terminal), there isn't exits directly at 148. It's only 149. IMO it should be renamed Harlem-149 Street (or 149 Street-Lenox Terminal).

So if I have this down correctly...the station is named 148 to distinguish it from the 149-GC station on the (2)(4)(5), just in case there's a GO requiring either of those three lines to terminate at 149-GC station?

Eh, it's not that big of a deal. As Snowblock said, W 4 St is also lacking an exit to its namesake street.

And I doubt 148 St-Lenox Terminal is named as such to differentiate itself from 149 St-Grand Concourse. There are many stations throughout the system that share names.