SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

PATH station on that same site has been reopened for years now.

yeah thats true.

Yep its supposed to open next year , when ever you see that no (1) trains are going to South Ferry because of construction that is the reason why,

oh thats cool that it is reopening, well not for the innocent people :(

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point of those timers between Clinton-Washington and Franklin Ave on the (C) s/b? Seems like it'd be on top of the list of some of the most useless timers in the system...

I remember someone on here stating that other subway trains wouldn't be able to survive on our tracks. That got me thinking about that section between Lafayette and Hoyt, very rough ride going through those curves, even on the 160s..

Speaking of rough sections...I don't know how there hasn't been a derailment northbound on the Brighton over the switches south of Prospect Park. It's by far the bumpiest track I've ever been on in this system in my life. Feels like riding the S79 down Narrows road going west (you 79/93 people know what I'm talking about) before the first stop in SI. Violent bouncing and lots of noise.

Speaking of rough sections...I don't know how there hasn't been a derailment northbound on the Brighton over the switches south of Prospect Park. It's by far the bumpiest track I've ever been on in this system in my life. Feels like riding the S79 down Narrows road going west (you 79/93 people know what I'm talking about) before the first stop in SI. Violent bouncing and lots of noise.

Ah yea, those 68s/68As really tend to bounce all over the place when going through those switches.. Coming into Sheepshead Bay n/b is a pretty rough/fun ride as well. You have a few ballsy operators who don't start braking until they enter the station as opposed to the majority who starts braking a car or two before the platform..

Lol today I was going to brooklyn & when I got off the (E) to wait for the (F) you guys aren't even going to believe what happened next.. all I can say is a "different" (E) train came right behind it and I was mad because I just got off the (E) and I didn't wanna look stupid getting on it again. So I just let the blue monster go. It was nice seeing it tho I'll tell you that.

They didnt post anything. Until today.

And if you are gonna post it post it on Metrocard turnstile where most major announcements are posted.

This is absurd even planned. If this much repair was needed close it for 6 months or so and do a complete job instead of consistently closing. All I want is consistency.

Until Oct 4 is absolutely absurd too. When are we allowed to just go to manhattan innpeace? Never is my guess. MTA takes a joy in making people suffer.

Edited by TheKorean

Yet another customer who expects personalized service for his $2.50......that's right, we're running this GO just to make YOUR life as difficult as possible.

You know, the original GO this week was going to be to have all Manhattan bound trains run express from Kings Highway to Prospect Park while they began track replacement work. I bet you wouldn't have complained about that one! They're running this emergency GO instead because the inspection train discovered some faults in the trackage in that area earlier this week, and that became a priority repair project. Either that or the Sperry car has a personal vendetta against Koreans and is trying to make your life miserable. Now go ahead and scream at the train crew about how much the MTA sucks and they'll apologize because it was their decision to run this GO too.

I dont need personalized service. I need consistent service. Why even have stations if you arent gonna stop there?

And its not even that. I know repairs are necessary I know that. But its never Ave J M and H its always Neck Rd and Av U.

Can i at least get some warning? Like i said there was nothing to inform commuters.

Edited by TheKorean

The fact of the matter is that the general public do not understand that just like in any field in general, (You name it, healthcare, IT field, banking, real estate, retail, so many fields) there is alot of finger pointing from our superiors. The majority of straphangers fail to understand that there is plenty of inside bullshit that many times stems from the higher ups down to the superintendents down to the TSS's to the T/Ds down to the train crews, T/O's and C/Rs alike, infrastructure workers who walk the tracks, fare collection agents.

Unfortunately its the train crews etc that receives the falsely accusatory direct blame under the false notion of 'incompetence' with in reality the issues stems in part from mismanagement with the higher-ups and all the way to the financial committee and lawmakers in Albany itself who can't even pass a budget on time or really, rips off the public benefits corporation, screwing transit workers and strap-hangers alike.

I don't think it's fair that we blame every single problem on the transit worker as a whole with blanket statements. It's upper management, City Hall, and Albany. THAT's the problem.

It helps to for the majority of the public to understand what the big picture is before making false assumptions and coming to erroneous conclusions.

Edited by realizm

The fact of the matter is that the general public do not understand that just like in any field in general, (You name it, healthcare, IT field, banking, real estate, retail, so many fields) there is alot of finger pointing from our superiors. The majority of straphangers fail to understand that there is plenty of inside bullshit that many times stems from the higher ups down to the superintendents down to the TSS's to the T/Ds down to the train crews, T/O's and C/Rs alike, infrastructure workers who walk the tracks, fare collection agents.

Unfortunately its the train crews etc that receives the falsely accusatory direct blame under the false notion of 'incompetence' with in reality the issues stems in part from mismanagement with the higher-ups and all the way to the financial committee and lawmakers in Albany itself who can't even pass a budget on time or really, rips off the public benefits corporation, screwing transit workers and strap-hangers alike.

I don't think it's fair that we blame every single problem on the transit worker as a whole with blanket statements. It's upper management, City Hall, and Albany. THAT's the problem.

It helps to for the majority of the public to understand what the big picture is before making false assumptions and coming to erroneous conclusions.

None of that is relevant if MTA Cant bother notifying passengers of planned repair.

Maybe you can consider the fact that sometimes last minute changes on the part of operations planning and the capitol construction committee has to be made according to priority as many times unforeseen breakdowns in infrastructure can happen? I would imagine that can be a possibility.

For example: The partial shutdown of the CPW last night due to a signal failure stemming from a torrentuous thunderstorm - I don't think anyone could have anticipated that. It's understood that the CPW FASTRACK is coming up next week starting Monday the 16th @ 10:00PM. However if it was not the case, per say, we would be seeing a last minute GO scheduled about now for more in depth signal repairs. In other words, shit happens.

Edited by realizm

None of that is relevant if MTA Cant bother notifying passengers of planned repair.

Welcome to the adulthood, where no one will ever spoon feed you.

Is it that hard to check the service status online, or planned service changes for that matter? Just saying, you got to be more proactive, and this isn't just trains. Relying that someone else will or must do something to convenience yourself is a blatant mistake.

Making empty threats to state agency won't get you anywhere farther than NSA' blacklist. 

So I was watching this while on Facebook just now of last March's R44 being delivered to the Transit Museum:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151357198333843&set=vb.89895068842&type=3&theater

It's a really short video...but one thing I noticed is that 5240 is being pushed into the station by another train. I wonder if that train is a consist of other R44s or a train of R46s? The train does release air so the video ends right before the train gets ready to move in. It's hard for me to tell though.

Maybe you can consider the fact that sometimes last minute changes on the part of operations planning and the capitol construction committee has to be made according to priority as many times unforeseen breakdowns in infrastructure can happen? I would imagine that can be a possibility.

For example: The partial shutdown of the CPW last night due to a signal failure stemming from a torrentuous thunderstorm - I don't think anyone could have anticipated that. It's understood that the CPW FASTRACK is coming up next week starting Monday the 16th @ 10:00PM. However if it was not the case, per say, we would be seeing a last minute GO scheduled about now for more in depth signal repairs. In other words, shit happens.

Sorry but when its a PLANNED repair work you have no excuse not to let passengers know ahead of time.

Now if the equipment/track needed work immediately and was unforeseen, fine, it happens.

But seeing as how the repair work is timed, I HIGHLY doubt it was an emergency work.

Welcome to the adulthood, where no one will ever spoon feed you.

Is it that hard to check the service status online, or planned service changes for that matter? Just saying, you got to be more proactive, and this isn't just trains. Relying that someone else will or must do something to convenience yourself is a blatant mistake.

Making empty threats to state agency won't get you anywhere farther than NSA' blacklist.

I dont think asking MTA for the most simple task is asking to spoon feed. Its not like I am not paying for it, via 2.50 per ride and taxes.

Edited by TheKorean

Again, the MTA webite announces planned changes at least a week in advance with exceptions relating to as you put it emergency work. In fact there is a feature called the Weekender that helps customers navigate around the city with an interactive map during sceduled over the weekend GO's. Try it. It would help you a million.

And with that I'm done with this discussion.

So what happened? Were you allowed to enter the Manhattan bound Ave U platform even though all trains were bypassing it? You were not directed to take a Coney Island bound train to Sheepshead Bay to cross over?

Sorry but when its a PLANNED repair work you have no excuse not to let passengers know ahead of time.

Now if the equipment/track needed work immediately and was unforeseen, fine, it happens.

But seeing as how the repair work is timed, I HIGHLY doubt it was an emergency work.

As I stated yesterday, this was an emergency GO, it was planned after the weekly posters went up based on a track inspection done on Monday.