SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

The (Q) already has to contend with the (N).

Yup the mess at the Dekalb interlocking, its a killer for rush hour commuters. As it is the T/Ds still are struggling with preventing delays on the (D) and (N) . Adding more routes via Brighton is going to be tough. Better to send the (J) for example down 4th Ave it would help with a smooth flow of operation as was with the ( M ) . The (B) / (Q) combo works for the Brighton, I think it fulfills customer demand and it doesn't drive the T/Ds u[ a wall at the same time trying to keep things on scedule.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (3) shares a station with every train except for the (6) and (G)

Thats another thought, (2)(3)  (4)(5) and (N) service is ridiculously crowded after Chambers/14th street/BB-City Hall/Fulton St with all the commuters coming out of downtown Manhattan, crushloaded insane. AND (A)(C) service AM rush from Jay Street. ( (Q) not that bad with the supplemental (B) service) A supplement BMT via Montague Tube service down 4th Ave will relieve congestion. The (J) will be the way to go, no foaming here just common sense. It will give people access to South Brooklyn and East NY. Relieving the insane Atlantic/Pacific St station. You should see how Pacific St looks like on the 4th Ave BMT, crazy! And that at like what? 8PM?

The (R) once tube service is restored will help but Nassau St Brooklyn bound service will do justice IMHO.

Edited by realizm

Saw some of these kids who were partaking in monkey buisness (a.k.a "Showtime folks!!!) get arrested on the (Q) train. Glad the police are stepping up, I'm tired of this nonsense, if I wanted to go to look at acrobatic tricks I would go to the circus (or the zoo for that matter) not the (Q) train. Glad the kids got arrested

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Saw some of these kids who were partaking in monkey buisness (a.k.a "Showtime folks!!!) get arrested on the (Q) train. Glad the police are stepping up, I'm tired of this nonsense, if I wanted to go to look at acrobatic tricks I would go to the circus (or the zoo for that matter) not the (Q) train. Glad the kids got arrested Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ridiculous waste of police resources. 

Saw some of these kids who were partaking in monkey buisness (a.k.a "Showtime folks!!!) get arrested on the (Q) train. Glad the police are stepping up, I'm tired of this nonsense, if I wanted to go to look at acrobatic tricks I would go to the circus (or the zoo for that matter) not the (Q) train. Glad the kids got arrested Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ridiculous waste of police resources. 

Not really if the cops happened to be patrolling the subway and saw this monkey business thet did the right thing, it's not a waste if it was a coincidence. It would be a waste if the cops were out there specifically looking for those hoodlums

Or, knowing the way most passengers act, they most likely didn't notice anything had changed :P

True. They know how the system works they will probably just look at it say f**k it and take the train anyway knowing that the signs are wrong. Prolly even take pics as we are doing, I've seen it many happen. 

That being said it seems that the railfanning hobby is really moving if we see people from all walks of life who are not in the online community taking train pics. Something I noticed which is pretty cool actually.

Thats another thought, (2)(3)  (4)(5) and (N) service is ridiculously crowded after Chambers/14th street/BB-City Hall/Fulton St with all the commuters coming out of downtown Manhattan, crushloaded insane. AND (A)(C) service AM rush from Jay Street.

Well actually during rush hours, the peak load point on northbound (A) trains is Broadway Junction and the peak load point on northbound (C) trains is Lafayette Avenue in the AM peak, respectively. But yes, they do seem to be fully crushed by the time they get to Jay Street, especially because of riders coming from both the (F) and (R) respectively.

As for the Brooklyn IRT, well from what I've experience in the PM peak, southbound (4) and (5) trains seem to empty out by the time they get to Atlantic. Perhaps I'm wrong. Presumably those heading back home (east of Utica) always transfer to the (3) at either Nevins, Franklin and/or even Utica. No wonder Utica-bound (4) trains look almost empty (aside from the first car) in the PM peak, plus because of the constant delays between Franklin and Utica, as the relay can't accommodate that many frequent (4) trains. And those occasional Utica-bound (5) trains make the delays even worse.

As for the Brooklyn IRT, well from what I've experience in the PM peak, southbound (4) and (5) trains seem to empty out by the time they get to Atlantic. Perhaps I'm wrong. Presumably those heading back home (east of Utica) always transfer to the (3) at either Nevins, Franklin and/or even Utica. No wonder Utica-bound (4) trains look almost empty (aside from the first car) in the PM peak, plus because of the constant delays between Franklin and Utica, as the relay can't accommodate that many frequent (4) trains. And those occasional Utica-bound (5) trains make the delays even worse.

IDK if Saturday are a different animal,but the (4) stays packed after I get off at Atlantic

Well actually during rush hours, the peak load point on northbound (A) trains is Broadway Junction and the peak load point on northbound (C) trains is Lafayette Avenue in the AM peak, respectively. But yes, they do seem to be fully crushed by the time they get to Jay Street, especially because of riders coming from both the (F) and (R) respectively.

I'm trying to figure out why an IRT extension out that way hasn't been a higher priority. Thanks to Utica, Flatbush, and Rogers Junction, the line is almost always backed up from early in the morning until late in the evening. If they built the damn Utica Avenue line, either the (3) or (4) could turn off so the Utica relay would be unnecessary. Flatbush was never meant to be a terminal in the first place and having 2 lines down there makes it worse, but there's nowhere else the (5) can go, because the Lex service is needed in Brooklyn. Rogers Avenue Junction is a choke point by itself, but delays further downstream on the (2)(4)(5) remind me of a fluid mechanics problem I saw in today. If there's a small pipe downstream slowing the flow of water, you could install a much larger pipe upstream and water will still back up due to that small pipe.

The reason why other useful extensions, like Nostrand, Utica and many others aren't at a higher priority is because they're always behind the never-completed Second Avenue line. Dating way back, probably to the 1939 Second System plans, the plan of action has always been, build Second Avenue, then everything else. Since we can't seem to get Second Avenue done, nothing else gets done. Considering this, it's actually quite amazing we've got the 63rd Street and Archer Avenue stub lines built.

Obviously, there is a good reason Second Avenue gets precedence over other projects when expansion funds materialize. One only needs to ride the Lex to see why, but it is a bit disconcerting to see that because we can't get one big line built, we also can't seem to get any of the other much smaller projects done either.

You know why I think it would be a family friendly idea? It would not only provide advertising for condom companies it would educate kids from a young age who would ask "mommy what's that big latex thing" and mommy would say "that's the thing you wear to not have children honey" and then thw child would know from a very young age to practice safe sex and not do it "raw"

Heh heh you know what would be a good ad wrap on the (D) train, if they wrapped with a gigantic condom (get it (D) train ;)) on each car and it would say something like stay protected-trojan

Let's keep bedroom themes OFF our trains please...