SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They used the Worlds Fair cars on the IRT Main line?

The R26s and R28s dominated the (2) and (5) along with some R33 MLs while the rest were on the (4) .The R29s dominated the (6) along with R36 Worlds Fair cars 9478–9523 and R36ML and the R33Wf and rest of the R36WFs ran on the (7).

Interesting commute home tonight. So I go to Broad St to take the (J), a train comes in on the Manhattan bound track, dumps the air after a few minutes and then someone on the P.A. tells us to cross over to the other platform as the train would be departing from there. Of course, there were some passengers who were into their smartphones, oblivious to what was going on, so I alerted them as I made my way to the train. That very same train ended up going express after Alabama Av, so I had to get off and wait for the next one. Luckily, there was a (J) immediately behind us.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

I'm wondering, when 9/11 happened, were there R160's on the (J) or was it just using R32's?

WTF, R160s didn't arrive on TA Property until like several years after 9/11, 32s didn't run on the (J) post GOH until 2013.

R42s dominated the (J) post GOH with some R40s sprinkled in.. Even the (L) line was still dominated by 42s at the time.. the 143 order was in its early stages.