SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

What part of "The dispatcher probably told them to hold the train there" do you not get?

In any event, you yelling at a transit employee is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

You'd have to be there to understand why I said something.

I'm not reacting to any more comments for now regarding this. I stand by my actions and would do it again if the situation repeated itself.

I (and other pax) waited ten minutes. Who gets held at the station for ten minutes with no explanation or PA briefing? Please tell me how that's fair to riders?

You can vent your frustration at my position as loud as you'd like but the riders I sat next to appreciated my effort.

Defending a failure in communication is a failure in communication.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fresh Pond said:

Except you can actually move a train with the doors open.

...10 years of this site and still oozing of new information left and right, isn' it amazing?

Not with passengers on board.

Where is your sense of logic in that reply? 

You were willing to craft a reply void of logic just to parry my sarcasm?

Unbelievable XD

49 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I rode an R42 (M) train about a decade ago that lost indication while moving and the T/O slowed down right away, crew took the train OOS the very next stop. I been on a R142 which rolled at President street S/B and someone pulled the cord a few seconds later, T/O didn't take power though probably released the brakes and the train rolled, T/O eventually recharged the train made the rest of its trip to Flatbush without issue.

In all fairness I'm sure its against the rules for the T/O to move the train in revenue service with the doors open for obvious reasons, I assume that's what @MassTransitHonchkrow was implying.

That was my intent, thanks. ^-^

I only hope that kind of logic isn't applied in a real world situation with the expectation of job security.

5 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

What part of "The dispatcher probably told them to hold the train there" do you not get?

In any event, you yelling at a transit employee is an incredibly stupid thing to do...

I'd do it again. It's not against the law to hurt people's egos. The MTA has done dumber things at the expense of human life, so I'm not concerned about the impact of my behavior.

Many passengers actually agreed with my actions 

In my eyes NYCT personnel are as docile as they are senile.

13 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

I'd do it again. It's not against the law to hurt people's egos. The MTA has done dumber things at the expense of human life, so I'm not concerned about the impact of my behavior.

Many passengers actually agreed with my actions 

In my eyes NYCT personnel are as docile as they are senile.

I swear, your an even more retarded and annoying version then Wallyhorse (no offense Wallhorse), and even he knows when to be quiet when he's wrong. You just keep opening that mouth of yours no matter how many times we tell you to shut it smh. Like your mad annoying.

He may be an attention whore and all sorts of things, but he is spot-on with this:

38 minutes ago, MassTransitHonchkrow said:

Defending a failure in communication is a failure in communication.

Why was there no communication regarding the delay?

Often an (N) runs into problems approaching 59 Street and 36 Street due to heavy congestion. The conductor never bothers to make announcements until after the train leaves the station and is in traffic. They could have saved everyone time by announcing the problem at the station so passengers can have a shot at taking the (R) to DeKalb Avenue instead for the (B) or (Q).

58 minutes ago, CenSin said:

He may be an attention whore and all sorts of things, but he is spot-on with this:

On second thought, do we even know the delay actually happened?

This whole situation screams of "I'm gonna make up a situation so I can look like a white knight" and frankly he has a history of it...

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

On second thought, do we even know the delay actually happened?

This whole situation screams of "I'm gonna make up a situation so I can look like a white knight" and frankly he has a history of it...

Given my experience… I’d say it is plausible enough.

Yes, laughing it off is threatening to mute people, publicly announcing you like to create your own bubble and then creating status updates to throw subs...

Who do you think you're fooling here? 

That's all I have to say on this matter. Moving along...

The (N) express track closure is truly going forward. There's a motion in the board materials to officially add it to the schedule in Spring 2018.

Changes Recommended to Accommodate Long-term Construction Projects
In addition to the schedule adjustments listed above, additional schedule adjustments are recommended to accommodate long-term planned construction work.

Structural work on the 4 Av express tracks in Brooklyn require (N) express trains to be rerouted to operate via the local tracks between 36 St and 59 St for approximately 12 months starting in mid-2018. Due to the long-term nature of this project, this change will be included in schedules starting in Spring 2018. 4 Av express (D) service and 4 Av local (R) service will continue to run normally. 

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/171113_1030_Transit.pdf

page 138

18 hours ago, CenSin said:

Often an (N) runs into problems approaching 59 Street and 36 Street due to heavy congestion. The conductor never bothers to make announcements until after the train leaves the station and is in traffic. They could have saved everyone time by announcing the problem at the station so passengers can have a shot at taking the (R) to DeKalb Avenue instead for the (B) or (Q).

I'm a bit confused on what you're asking for. How would the conductor know that they're going to run into congestion beforehand if there isn't a major issue like a sick passenger ahead and they weren't instructed to hold the train in the station? How big of a delay ia caused by this? If time is of the essense maybe those people should leave their houses earlier. 

It happens to me almost daily riding the Eastern Parkway Line approaching rogers junction. It causes no morw than a 5 minute dwlay i don't see why i should get mad at the conductor nor the train operator.

It's mindboggling how that poster thinks it's ok to come to people's jobs and scream at them because of their own ignorance, immaturity, impatience amongst other things...

3 hours ago, Jchambers2120 said:

I'm a bit confused on what you're asking for. How would the conductor know that they're going to run into congestion beforehand if there isn't a major issue like a sick passenger ahead and they weren't instructed to hold the train in the station? How big of a delay ia caused by this? If time is of the essense maybe those people should leave their houses earlier. 

It happens to me almost daily riding the Eastern Parkway Line approaching rogers junction. It causes no morw than a 5 minute dwlay i don't see why i should get mad at the conductor nor the train operator.

It's mindboggling how that poster thinks it's ok to come to people's jobs and scream at them because of their own ignorance, immaturity, impatience amongst other things...

When the (N) is crawling into 59 Street from 8 Avenue, held for a few minute and crawling towards 36 Street with a (D) train skipping the line, I’d say there are plenty of opportunities for the conductor to get this information from supervision to pass along to the passengers. If the conductor doesn’t even know, it’s a failure of supervision who is supposed to know what is running on the rails and how far apart.

That said, I do not condone yelling at transit employees. That kind of behavior can be found in the DSM-5. The more of the boxes you check off on the list of symptoms, the worse your prognosis: future homelessness after being kicked out of home and the mental facility.