SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Lex said:

I'd expect nothing better from someone like Eric Adams.

Would it be safe to assume he has some personal stake?

I truly think this (Queensway) was the first idea presented to him on the table. Whatever administration (or interests) Adams is working with probably didn't want him to get anywhere near Queenslink. It's much easier to sign off on a new public park compared to restoring the old line, so this was probably gonna happen regardless of who was in charge.

So long as the Queensway people say their plan will improve the areas transportation, you can forget about any budgeting for a ROW. They will have their way.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:17 PM, R32 3838 said:

Those (E) trains weren't former (F) trains, They were additional (E) trains to increase service in the early 2000s.

But according to @darkstar8983, they decreased the number of total (F) trains from 50 to 46 in order to fit those extra (E) trains at 179th. You even said yourself that there was 50 (F) trains.

On 9/13/2022 at 2:00 PM, texassubwayfan555 said:

What designs do these newer systems use? And if the MTA was not so dumb and bad at managing money, I would say they should install platform cameras to address safety concerns with one person operation.

They already have platform cameras mainly at curved platforms. They've been there for at least a couple decades.

Was nice to ride an R46 via the 6th Ave express. Unfortunately the train stalled out at 42nd - Bryant Park and they are investigating what's wrong with the train right now.

....train just got removed from service. I hope they announce what's wrong with the train, as someone intrested in mechanical inner workings of trains this stuff intrigues me lol.

Train took power, moved a couple feet then stopped.

Edited by trainfan22

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

Was nice to ride an R46 via the 6th Ave express. Unfortunately the train stalled out at 42nd - Bryant Park and they are investigating what's wrong with the train right now.

....train just got removed from service. I hope they announce what's wrong with the train, as someone intrested in mechanical inner workings of trains this stuff intrigues me lol.

Train took power, moved a couple feet then stopped.

I was on the (Q) behind, they sent us local.

11 hours ago, RandomRider0101 said:

But according to @darkstar8983, they decreased the number of total (F) trains from 50 to 46 in order to fit those extra (E) trains at 179th. You even said yourself that there was 50 (F) trains.

Those extra (E) trains did not come from (F) trains. Around that time additional R32s were transferred to Jamaica Yard from Coney Island for service increases.

The Only time the (F) had up to 50 sets was in October of 1999. But other times the (F) has been 44-46 trainsets. I got confused by the amount of R46 cars that were used on the (F) when i saw 52 cars and mistaken it for 52 sets. this was from the former the joekorner former site.

14 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

Those extra (E) trains did not come from (F) trains. Around that time additional R32s were transferred to Jamaica Yard from Coney Island for service increases.

The Only time the (F) had up to 50 sets was in October of 1999. But other times the (F) has been 44-46 trainsets. I got confused by the amount of R46 cars that were used on the (F) when i saw 52 cars and mistaken it for 52 sets. this was from the former the joekorner former site.

That's understandable. 352 cars must've been the number you saw since that gives us 44 trains of 75-footers.

Counting those 75-footers can be confusing; it's much easier to count the 60-footers since they give us 5-car sets to make 10-car trains ( numbers ending in zeros are very easy to count).

It looks like I was right the 1st time when I said I believed 46 was the maximum of (F) trains ever run (excluding the brief time you mentioned it being more). 

Thanks for clarifying and informing.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:20 PM, R32 3838 said:

This is what happens when NYC becomes to Lax on the law. Too much f**kery going on but I blame this more on the state due to the chipmunk in Albany not budging on bail reform. We gotta stop with the sob stories when it comes to these bastards. It's like they never learned when one of the idiots got his whole dome split open for doing this.

🤣🤣 Not the chipmunk 😭😭

On 9/15/2022 at 8:20 PM, R32 3838 said:

This is what happens when NYC becomes to Lax on the law. Too much f**kery going on but I blame this more on the state due to the chipmunk in Albany not budging on bail reform. We gotta stop with the sob stories when it comes to these bastards. It's like they never learned when one of the idiots got his whole dome split open for doing this.

.....¿¿ Chipmunk??  ..... :blink: 'kay....