SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

I rode a 4 train (1250) which still has the "BROOKLYN EXPRESS" reading as well as "TO WOODLAWN". Not only that but it still announced the M at Chambers and the W and did not mention using your Metrocard to transfer to the F at 59 Street.

I saw that yesterday too before going to Astoria, I was like WTF the old (4) program.

Any idea if the (6) Bronx Express reading exists or not? I haven't seen that reading for years now.

I don't think you'll find them on R142A's but POSSIBLY on R142's which I doubt will run nowadays on the (6).

Edited by alejr88

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the math test an hour early (as usual :P) so I came up with fantasy route extensions.

(A)(1) To Westchester border

(2) To Gerristen Beach

(3) To JFK and to Riverbank State Park (Non-summer short turns at Broadway-Riverside Dr)

(6) To co-op city and SI Late Nights

(D) To City Island

(E) To Financial District

(F) To SI Mall

(G) To LIC and Astoria

(L) To Broad Channel Via Bergen beach, Mill Basin, Floyd Bennet Field, Jacob Riis Park, and Rockaway Park (S) (Rockaway Park (S) Gets Discontinued)

(N) To Rikers Island

(Q) To SI Mall

(M) To LGA Transfers to (M) at Woodhaven Blvd

(S) UN-Javits Center

ive been our of the city so long...

why are the (D) and (N) express in Brooklyn temporarily?

@CDTA

The (E) any farther south requires major renovation on the (A)(C) tracks. Chambers and Fulton are so ridiculously close....

Edited by VWM

Someone tell the MTA the (J) doesn't go to Fulton on weekends!!!

Due to a loss of power at the Hoyt- Schermerhorn Station:

Uptown A.gif train service terminate at the Broadway Junction Station,

Uptown C.gif train is suspended from the Euclid Avenue Station to the Jay Street- MetroTech Station.

Downtown A.gif and C.gif trains are terminating at the Jay Street - MetroTech Station.

As an alternate option for downtown service:

Take the Canarsie-bound L.gif train at the 14 Street- Union Square Station to the Broadway Junction Station, then transfer to the downtown A.gif or C.gif train.

or

Take the Jamaica Center- Parsons/ Archer-bound J.gif train at the Fulton Street Station to the Broadway Junction Station, then transfer to the downtown A.gif or C.gif train.

Please expect delays on the A.gif and C.gif trains at this time.

lol... Was at 59th street waiting for an (A) train today to go to my tutoring session and it looked like Daniel the Cool was pacing about looking to shoot a shot of an (A) train. Well it took an ETERNITY for a bloody (A) train to come... I gave up and took the (C) local. <_< Looked like Daniel the Cool though this guy wasn't wearing glasses, but he looked pretty intense pacing back and forth with his camera around his neck. lol If it wasn't him it certainly looked like a NYC Transit Forums type.

The (A)(C) train delay that happened on Saturday, I was stuck in that mess. i was taking an (F) to Avenue I, but since the (A)(C) were running via the (F), the (F) got caught up in the mess too and it also was delayed.

Some (A)(C) trains WERE rerouted to culver, I saw a NIS R32 (C) train passing Ft Ham pkwy going towards manhattan, and a NIS R46 (A) train leaving 18 Av on the exp train going to manhattan. There was a (C) that terminated @ Church Av since I saw an R32 sitting on the yard lead (SB side).

unfortunately I was late due to the delay and had to get to Avenue I ASAP, so I couldn't fan the NIS (A)(C)'s passing by! I do have a video for proof, it is uploading now.

The (A)(C) train delay that happened on Saturday, I was stuck in that mess. i was taking an (F) to Avenue I, but since the (A)(C) were running via the (F), the (F) got caught up in the mess too and it also was delayed.

Some (A)(C) trains WERE rerouted to culver, I saw a NIS R32 (C) train passing Ft Ham pkwy going towards manhattan, and a NIS R46 (A) train leaving 18 Av on the exp train going to manhattan. There was a (C) that terminated @ Church Av since I saw an R32 sitting on the yard lead (SB side).

unfortunately I was late due to the delay and had to get to Avenue I ASAP, so I couldn't fan the NIS (A)(C)'s passing by! I do have a video for proof, it is uploading now.

Thats J.

SO CLOSE to evidence of an (A) over Brighton.

So the Port Authority has completed integrating the (1) line into the new WTC Transit hub and has begun the actual station reconstruction of Cortlant Street.

I know the station was awe full after the attacks. I seen pics of the tracks completely blocked off by debris. Hopefully PA does a great job rehabin the station.

That sh!t was horrible. I had to take the B26 to Lafayette Fulton st. and walk to Atlantic and 4th for the R. God Forbid the station was more than a few blocks away. Bought an unlimited and the S/A was like no A/C service in both directions due to signal malfunction @ Bway Lafayette ??? Anybody wanna elaborate ??

That sh!t was horrible. I had to take the B26 to Lafayette Fulton st. and walk to Atlantic and 4th for the R. God Forbid the station was more than a few blocks away. Bought an unlimited and the S/A was like no A/C service in both directions due to signal malfunction @ Bway Lafayette ??? Anybody wanna elaborate ??

There was a power outage at Jay-Metrotech if I recall correctly.