SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

So I just saw an (E) pull out of 57/7th towards Queens no lie not trippin.

Yeah the IND was screwed this PM rush hour. Problems at Chambers and WTC on the A/C/E that ruined service there, and third rail power failure at 57th Street on the F that had my train standing between Roosevelt Island and Lexington/63 St for half an hour and then crawl to Rockefeller.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F via the G line... interesting.

Got on at Roosevelt... When the announcement was made, the first two cars went from packed... to empty (minus myself, of course)....

There was a slight delay before we pulled into court sq..... Then we pulled into court square.....

There was a G train already across the platform....

By time the doors opened on the F I was on, we may as well have been in Manhattan - That's how crushloaded the first 3 cars got.

I was gonna do the F to 21st & walk to the B32 for the B46.... I stayed on the F 'til Broadway, and caught the 46 there...

Win-win for me.....

I left Manhattan around 3pm before the signal problems began at WTC and Chambers St. By the time I got to Far Rockaway around 4pm, I got the notification from my app about the signal problems. I would of hear a lot of commotion at Chambers st if I had got to the station around 4pm. Also n/b (C) ran express from Euclid Av to B'way Jct around 1:30pm because of debris on the tracks at Nostrand Av.

Edited by Q113 LTD

So the future of the (6) is just gonna be a mixed sets of R142's and R62A's. It can't be, when the R62's fully retire, the (6) is just gonna have a few R142A's? There has to be some new train sets in planning.

R62As

Of course but the R62/R62A's still have 15-20 years left in them.

Can you read!

During the negative voting era you would be similar to wallyhorse with negative votes.

Hmm,let's see. If I can't read, then how am I typing? I can read, and I understood what was being said. I said this before and I will say it one last time.

Do NOT compare me to WallyHorse. (No offense to him.)

This is a problem that needs to be addressed with all of the members on here, if you don't like what someone is saying, don't reply to it. And it also seems as you guys are Bullying WallyHorse, where everything he suggests or posts has to be replied on with a negative post. Especially in the What If thread, it's a what if thread for sake! And with Union, I understood his post, you could have replied by just saying "Not likely...." And the discussion would have ended there. And I'm not disrespecting anyone, you guys just have to learn to deal with this.

Edited by Javier

Hmm,let's see. If I can't read, then how am I typing? I can read, and I understood what was being said. I said this before and I will say it one last time.

Do NOT compare me to WallyHorse.

i am not comparing you to him, I am telling you to be careful and the previous user said that it would get new cars in 10-15 years,

i am not comparing you to him, I am telling you to be careful and the previous user said that it would get new cars in 10-15 years,

He can't be compared to Wallyhorse anyway. Wallyhorse knows a whole lot more, though his issue is obsession with certain facets of the subway system and pushing that wherever he sees an opportunity. Javier's issue is a whole lot more complicated.

And what exactly is my issue, if you don't mind me asking.

I don't know...maybe because you seem to be all pissy about the (6) getting the R62As back. The R62As can't provide CBTC and ATO. There's nothing else you can do other than sending back onto the (6) and the IRT Lexington Avenue Line's signalling system isn't up for replacement yet, which is why it's not being automated. Seriously dude, man up. It's just a train. It runs. Who cares.

I don't agree with having the R32s on the (C) and (J), nor the (F) and (R) being a mixed of R46s and R160s all the time (you'll eventually see my proposals in the other thread very soon and you'll understand all of my reasons), but you don't see me whining. If you don't like it, too bad, too sad. Just deal with it and get over it.

So the future of the (6) is just gonna be a mixed sets of R142's and R62A's. It can't be, when the R62's fully retire, the (6) is just gonna have a few R142A's? There has to be some new train sets in planning.

By the time the R62As need replacing the MTA would have already gotten orders for new cars. Ask again in 10-20 years.

And what exactly is my issue, if you don't mind me asking.

If you really want it in words:

not taking the initiative

not doing ones own due diligence

not going the extra mile

Going the extra mile is a good habit to have. When you research something you don’t know about, doing an exhaustive search first before you request the help/intervention of others benefits both you and the rest of the community. You reduce the number of spam posts by not forcing someone else to post a fact that has already been posted in the same website, and the feeling of achievement is undeniably delicious.

In fact, I had this discussion with my boss this evening. I'm a part-time volunteer and she appreciates that I can work independently and proactively find common sense solutions to my own questions/problems. She’s a very busy person, and anyone who stops her to ask stupid questions wastes valuable time that she could’ve spent on her work or someone else. I don’t know how she manages to work without any days off, but I’m sure glad that I’m not being an extra burden.

You’re not a baby bird that has to be fed regurgitated worms. Do your own share of work. Make your own discoveries and share them, or you’re just a leech.

I know that but I'm just asking. Or is the (6) gonna be the next line to receive R188's?

Im Sorry but this is Getting annoying already , we get you don't like the R62A's returning back to the (6) , if you hate it that much just ride the bus or (4) or (5) train's. Everyone has explained to you why they are returning to the (6) . Like a train is a train , they were on the (6) and ran fine and their back and are doing fine.  And again of course the (6) will be a mix of R62A's and R142As but the R62A's are the majority of the fleet. As far as their retirement goes and (1) , (3)(6) and (S) seeing new cars , the R62/A's have another 10-17 yrs left in them ... and that depends on when the (MTA) decides to order a new fleet and how the order is as far and testing , delivering and building , just give it a rest dude.

Edited by R62AR33

Im Sorry but this is Getting annoying already , we get you don't like the R62A's returning back to the (6) , if you hate it that much just ride the bus or (4) or (5) train's. Everyone has explained to you why they are returning to the (6) . Like a train is a train , they were on the (6) and ran fine and their back and are doing fine.  And again of course the (6) will be a mix of R62A's and R142As but the R62A's are the majority of the fleet. As far as their retirement goes and (1) , (3)(6) and (S) seeing new cars , the R62/A's have another 10-17 yrs left in them ... and that depends on when the (MTA) decides to order a new fleet and how the order is as far and testing , delivering and building , just give it a rest dude.

Me personally i like the R62A back on  (6)..Bring's back memories of the 90's..Only thing missing is the redbird's... :D